User talk:Osiris/October 2013
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Leaders of the Opposition
Greetings, I am currently in Roxby Downs after exploring some of the Oodnadatta Track and the mound springs. I thought I would respond to your question about merging the articles on Leaders of the Opposition because it will be at least three weeks before I am back home again with proper access etc. Merge away, it sounds a sensible thing to do. I am heading off to Port Lincoln next, I need some beach after all the desert. Have taken some great photos which I will upload when I get home. --Peterdownunder (talk) 12:30, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
- Peter! You're on walkabout again! Great country. Can't wait to see your photos! Osiris (talk) 12:52, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
I tried to work it out so that I could keep it and I thought that we came to common ground after I said I would edit simple Wiki. And no, I didn't not reply to anyone. There are two deletion notices, which I reacted to both of, and a notice to deactivate categories, which I did. Please just undelete it, I won't even bother you with editing it anymore, I just need to keep track of my edit history. TheShadowCrow (talk) 00:25, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
- For what it's worth, I oppose undeleting the page and already turned down a request to do that. Undeleting, even if the page were blanked, would allow this user to continue using the page as before because the text we objected to would be available in the history. I think that's called "gaming the system". --Auntof6 (talk) 01:31, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
I'm not sure how to delete the article I made I tried deleting the info put the page is still up. Sorry for the inconvience of the article, I made a mistake and that wasn't what I had to do for the homework but didn't know how to get rid of it.
Best wishes, Elisa 19:26, 4 October 2013
- No problem, it seems to have been deleted now. Thanks for following up on it. Kind regards, Osiris (talk) 23:12, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
I was patrolling new pages this evening and an issue came up; one I'm not sure how to deal with. I found another case of close paraphrasing. I noted you mentioned it in Wikipedia:Simple_talk/Archive_107#PLM_articles. You linked to the enWiki page close paraphrasing. I know the enWiki template for close paraphrasing does not work in seWiki. But is this policy in force here? I ask because while I was looking it up the new article I was checking was marked as patrolled by someone else. It's a case of close paraphrasing of either an enWiki page, that itself is marked for possible copyright violation, or the original page itself. What do I do with this new page and what is the policy if and when it comes up again? Thanks Rus793 (talk) 00:47, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- You can add it to Wikipedia:Copyright problems. Depending on how extensive the issue is and how close the phrasing is to the source, it can either be rewritten, cut down or deleted. Osiris (talk) 01:15, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
Because of this
- "07:16, 10 October 2013 Osiris (talk | changes) deleted page WikiMANNia (QD A3: Complex article from another Wikipedia, little sign of simplification/conversion)"
- A lot of the content had been copied from the website itself. This had been done without translation into Simple English and without attribution to WikiMANNia. The new version doesn't have that problem. However, I could also have deleted it under QD A4. What makes this particular website notable? Osiris (talk) 01:04, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
- Egypt? More than nothing! ;-)
- I did my best and put some sources on the talkpage.
- It is all in German, I warned you. Put you will able to understand the buzzwords. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:49, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
|The Defender of the Wiki Barnstar|
|For shutting down that network of socks. Chenzw Talk 08:08, 12 October 2013 (UTC)|
- Thank you, Chen. I'm sure there are more lying around. Do I have to tag all of the user pages? Osiris (talk) 08:14, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi Osiris. You offered an opinion previously on the hook for Jimmy Carter at Template talk:Did you know. I was wondering if you could come look over the conversation and provide any additional views you might have. There is still an on-going discussion on it and its "interestingness." Any insight you can provide would be helpful. Thanks, Only (talk) 12:25, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks Osiris. I'm sorry to bother you if you're busy, but Oregonian has lately been denying hooks and his reason is all opinion. I'm not the only user to notice this. Can you review the hooks. Oh, and try to tell Oregonian about the guidelines. Thanks a bunch. --TDKR Chicago 101 (talk) 00:24, 17 October 2013 (UTC)
About the deletion.
Hello, I am a starter of writing the Wikipedia.
Excuse me, Actually I do not want my page was deleted. What should I do? Thanks
Ayumu 05:58, 17 October 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Ayumu. My advice would be to start by getting a feel of Wikipedia's inclusion criteria. Try using the Article Wizard, which will explain all the important policies quite briefly. The subject needs to be notable: instead of writing about specific characters, try making an article on the series itself. Osiris (talk) 08:55, 17 October 2013 (UTC)
Request to Transfer
I would like to make a request to transfer from the English Wikipedia, the Template: Template:Cookbook-inline. As it would be useful as like our template Template:Commons-inline is, for the other websites sections, when we don't have any other external links. Thanks, --Clarkcj12 (talk) 14:42, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
- Also I would like to know if you can update the template Template:Authority control with the latest one from the English Wikipedia as well. As it is missing some fields. --Clarkcj12 (talk) 16:25, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
|TDKR Chicago 101 has given you some cookies! Now enjoy them!|
Reply To Question
Yes, it seems that most of my edits lately have been using the Visual Editor, thing. So I belive that may be causing the bunching of templates, and etc. --Clarkcj12 (talk) 21:44, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
- Not really, if they're approved. Although, you probably should leave hooks that you're involved with for other editors to deal with. I also usually try to make sure that, if possible, there is a good variety of subjects on each queue. For example, the next two queues already have two biographical hooks. So it would be good if we could get some facts that aren't about individuals to fill the remaining spaces. Osiris (talk) 02:10, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
en:User:Osiris is multiple "wikis"
- Er, no... It's not a private conversation. I don't understand what else there is to discuss anyway. You're welcome to edit the wiki, but content on the Simple English Wikipedia should be for the Simple English Wikipedia. Osiris (talk) 02:41, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- You don't understand, and I don't understand. So can you ask Chenzw to butt-out please? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:47, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- Your clock and my clock run at the same speed, no? Please see User talk:22.214.171.124#User page ...
Thanks for this edit. I couldn't believe the author left out the most notable thing about him! I would have added more myself, but I've been using my tablet today and editing gets tricky on that. --Auntof6 (talk) 05:07, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- That's okay. If it were a bit longer, there might've been good cause for a mention of sexuality, but as it is only two sentences I think it's highly undue. Osiris (talk) 05:12, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
I now realize that the appropriate area for the stub. Thanks. Oh, I re-nominated Nelson Mandela to be a GA. Please write any suggestions on my talk page or on the article's talk page. I appreciate your support. Thanks for everything. --TDKR Chicago 101 (talk) 02:42, 31 October 2013 (UTC)