User talk:TDKR Chicago 101
|This is TDKR Chicago 101's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to TDKR Chicago 101.|
- 1 Re: Thanks
- 2 Re: Oregonian2012
- 3 Titanic Captain
- 4 Good article
- 5 Question about DYK
- 6 what will you do for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Re: Deaths in 2017 / April 9 / John Clarke (satirist)
- 8 how was your Holiday Season
- 9 Re: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- 10 do you think the Democrats are gonna win
Re: Thanks[change source]
Re: Oregonian2012[change source]
Titanic Captain[change source]
Can you help me along a bit with the reference to Hemming's testimony?
Good article[change source]
Hi, I'm new to Wikipedia, so I have a question about wikipedia. I want to add some good article in my userpage to make my userpage has more content. I saw you have a lot of good article targets in your userpage and I want to know how you did that ? Would you mind telling me how to do that ? -----16chseld 110 (talk) 7:22, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
Question about DYK[change source]
There's a DYK on the front page right now that is factually incorrect. Do you know a way to fix that? (I saw you've done some DYK so thought I'd ask you. The DYK is: DYK that Chicago is the largest city in the United States to have had a female mayor since 2012?
"Since" should be "as of" (as in the article): "As of 2012, Chicago was the largest city in the United States to have had a female mayor."
en.wiki seems to think she was the 40th mayor, I wonder why en.wiki counts differently than the Chicago Public Library. Are there different ways of counting mayors in Chicago? Cheers. SashiRolls (talk) 00:26, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
(talk page stalker) I've updated the main page with a new set of DYKs, which solves the problem of the main page. The 40th is probably a typo and I'm getting that fixed thanks to your reference. Thanks for bringing these both up so they could be fixed! --Tbennert (talk) 16:59, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
- I saw you intervened on en.wiki, but beware... the whole Chicago Mayor template seems to be ordered differently. Now there's conflict on en.wiki between the text & the infobox, and as a result wiki-text suggests that she was mayor after both Papa Daley and Baby Daley instead of during the brief interregnum period. ^^ SashiRolls (talk) 20:57, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
what will you do for Christmas and New Years[change source]
Re: Deaths in 2017 / April 9 / John Clarke (satirist)[change source]
Hi. I wonder if you could help me for a moment. I added the entry for John Clarke into the April 9th register of deaths for 2017, citing the cause of his death as natural causes. You changed the entry there, citing note 44 from ABC News, to "suspected cardiac arrest".
Please note there is nothing in the article I cited as a ref, to indicate anything about suspected cardiac arrest - indeed, there is one line in the article which clearly reads "Clarke died suddenly from natural causes while bushwalking in Victoria last weekend"; this links to this article on the ABC News website. Could you please review your alterations, and look to change this back please? Thanks, DaneGeld (talk) 21:49, 31 December 2017 (UTC)
- @DaneGeld: Do forgive me I was doing research and found an article that stated his death is a suspected case of cardiac arrest. I went to look for it again but can't find it. I found this USA Today Obit of Clarke citing his death to be suspected heart attack from a dear colleague of Clarke's. Do forgive me for this hiccup. --TDKR Chicago 101 (talk) 22:00, 31 December 2017 (UTC)
how was your Holiday Season[change source]
He just letting you know I removed the statement saying "Trump's decision, eventually led to a federal government shutdown lasting from January 20, 2018 to January 22, 2018." As yes he did rescind it but it didn't DACA did not cause the government to shutdown, just the people in congress not being to be able to agree on anything. I removed that statement as I kind of found it misleading. Also I recommend when putting something as controversial as that, put some citations/references in their, I thought I would just let you know. --Clarkcj12 (talk) 04:57, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
- Also by including the statement it did make it sound kind of biased. I am not trying to bash you, just letting you know some helpful advice. I do appreciate however all of the Politcs articles that you are creating though thank you. --Clarkcj12 (talk) 04:59, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Clarkcj12:: Nono I perfectly understand it and appreciate it thank you! --TDKR Chicago 101 (talk) 22:58, 5 February 2018 (UTC)