Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2010s 2020s 2030s – 2040s – 2050s 2060s 2070s|
|Years:||2046 2047 2048 – 2049 – 2050 2051 2052|
Predicted and scheduled events[change | change source]
May[change | change source]
December[change | change source]
- December 20 – The present "One country, two systems" with Macau, guaranteed for 50 years starting from December 20, 1999 provided under the Basic Law, will expire.
Date unknown[change | change source]
- The 99-year lease in the Churchill–Roosevelt Destroyers for Bases Agreement, in which the United States traded 50 destroyers to the British Commonwealth in return for the right to use several British colonial possessions as bases, will expire, barring a renegotiation.
In fiction[change | change source]
- The technology that allows a person to control a Custom Robo is developed by Ergo Corp., according to the Custom Robo series of video games.
- The events of the series IGPX take place.
- The Disney Channel movie Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century takes place in 2049, 50 years after the movie debuted on television in 1999.
- The video game Vectorman takes place in 2049
- The video game Miner 2049er takes place in 2049
- The video game M.A.C.H. takes place in 2049
- The video game When it's Over takes place in early 2049
- The video game Nier takes place in 2049
- The video game Crimson Tears is set in Tokyo in 2049