Drake Jared Bell
June 27, 1981
|Occupation||Actor, singer, songwriter, director, guitarist|
Janet Von Schmeling (m. 2018)
|Relatives||Heath Bell (cousin)|
Life[change | change source]
Bell was born in Santa Ana, California in 1986. In December 2005, he was badly hurt in a car accident in Los Angeles. He was in the car with a friend. A truck went through a red light and hit Bell's car, a 1966 Ford Mustang. The steering wheel of Bell's car was made of wood and metal. Because the seatbelts of the car were only around the waist and there were no airbags, he hit his face against the steering wheel. This caused a broken neck, six dislodged teeth, a broken jaw and a deep cut across his chin. Bell had plastic surgery to fix his face.
In 2018, he married Janet Von Schmeling. They have one child.
Career[change | change source]
Acting[change | change source]
Bell started to act when he was 5 years old. At the age of 8, he wrote his first song. When he was 9, he played "Jesse Ramo" in the movie Jerry Maguire. In 1999, he started to act in The Amanda Show with Amanda Bynes. He played Drake Parker on the television series Drake & Josh. In 2008, Bell played in the movies Superhero Movie and Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh.
Music[change | change source]
Bell learned to play guitar when he was 13. In September 2005, he started to sell his first album, Telegraph. In December 2006, he started to sell his second album, Its Only Time. His third album was released in 2014. Some songs of his new album appeared, including "Saturday Night", "All alone at the Disco", "Sea Song", "C.C.Rider", "To Hip gotta go", "Little Miss Prissy" and "Jingle Bells".
Controversies[change | change source]
Bell has made comments that have upset a lot of people. He made a negative comment when Caitlyn Jenner appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair.  He deleted the comment soon after he posted it but it was still seen by many readers. In an interview with Buzzfeed he made comments against stars such as Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.  He got into still another controversy with a Justin Bieber fan wishing him death.
On June 4, 2021, Bell was arrested in Cleveland, Ohio, on charges relating to "attempted endangering [of] children and disseminating matter harmful to juveniles." Bell had sent a minor "inappropriate social media messages" for "months. On June 23, Bell plead guilty to both charges. On July 12, 2021, Bell's victim made a public appearance and statement accusing him of sexually assaulting her while she was underage. Bell was sentenced to two years of probation and 200 hours of community service.
References[change | change source]
- Yvette, Mar. "Weekend Roundup: Aaron Carter with Drake Bell & Wiener Dog Internationals". MyFoxLA.com. Fox. Archived from the original on 3 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Bell, Drake. "Drake Bell & Aaron Carter - "I Want Candy"". YouTube.com. Drake Bell. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Drake Bell Biography". Billboard. Archived from the original on 7 September 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Drake Bell Seriously Injured In Car Accident". Archived from the original on 15 October 2008. Retrieved 10 October 2008.
- Crystal Bell (8 June 2015). "Here's What The Adorkable Cast Of 'Drake & Josh' Is Up To Now". MTV News/ Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Snejana Farberov (2 June 2015). http://www.mtv.com/news/2174833/drake-bell-caitlyn-jenner-backlash/ "' Sorry....still calling you Bruce': Nickelodeon star Drake Bell faces backlash over negative Caitlyn Jenner tweet" Check
|url=value (help). Daily Mail. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Christina Garibaldi (2 April 2014). "Drake Bell's Slams Against Bieber, Gaga And Ariana: We Fact Checked 'Em". MTV News/ Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Staff (26 October 2014). "Drake Bell: Former Nickelodeon Star Embroiled In Controversy, Wishes Death On Justin Bieber Fan, Actions Acceptable?". Travelers Today. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- Hlavaty, Kaylyn. "Jared Bell, Drake of Nickelodeon's 'Drake and Josh,' indicted in Cuyahoga County". WEWS-TV News 5 Cleveland. Scripps Media, Inc. Retrieved June 4, 2021.
- Strapagiel, Lauren (June 5, 2021). "Drake Bell Has Been Charged With Child Endangerment". BuzzFeed News. Retrieved June 5, 2021.
- "Actor Drake Bell Pleads Guilty In Ohio Child Endangerment Case, Sentencing Set For July". Deadline.
- Napoli, Jessica (July 12, 2021). "Drake Bell sentenced to two years probation, community service for charges involving a minor". Fox News. Retrieved July 12, 2021.
- Bahr, Sarah (June 23, 2021). "Drake Bell Pleads Guilty to Attempted Child Endangerment". The New York Times.
- "Drake Bell's Victim Accused Him of Grooming, Sexual Assault During Hearing — Read Her Statement". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2021-07-20.