|United States Senator|
|Assumed office |
January 20, 2021
Serving with Raphael Warnock
|Preceded by||David Perdue|
Thomas Jonathan Ossoff
February 16, 1987
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Alisha Kramer (m. 2017)
|Education||Georgetown University (BSFS)|
London School of Economics (MSc)
Thomas Jonathan Ossoff (born February 16, 1987) is an American documentary filmmaker and politician. Ossoff is the Senior United States Senator from Georgia since 2021. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Ossoff ran against Republican Georgia Senator David Perdue in the 2020 election for United States Senate. He won the election in a run-off race on January 5, 2021. Ossoff is the first Millennial senator to be elected.
References[change | change source]
- Mr. Thomas Jonathan Ossoff, Insight Twi Limited; findthecompany.co.uk[permanent dead link] (subscription required)
- "Insight TWI: The World Investigates".
- Bluestein, Greg (January 5, 2017). "A Democrat with a pile of cash commitments announces for Tom Price's seat". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- "About Jon". Jon Ossoff for Congress. 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- Bill Barrow (February 14, 2017). "Georgia special election shapes up as referendum on Trump". Associated Press.
- Astor, Maggie (2019-09-09). "Jon Ossoff Will Run for Senate in Georgia". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- Bill Bostock (January 6, 2020). "Jon Ossoff is the youngest Democrat elected to the Senate since Joe Biden in 1973". Business Insider. Retrieved January 6, 2020.