|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Kansas's 1st district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Tim Huelskamp|
|Born||August 9, 1960|
El Dorado, Kansas, U.S.
Laina Marshall (m. 1983)
|Education||Kansas State University (BS)|
University of Kansas (MD)
Roger Wayne Marshall (born August 9, 1960) is an American politician and obstetrician. He is the U.S. Representative for Kansas's 1st congressional district. He was elected in 2016. Marshall is a Republican.
Life[change | change source]
2016 campaign[change | change source]
Marshall ran against Tim Huelskamp in the Republican Party primary election for Kansas's 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives. Marshall had support from many of Kansas's agricultural groups. They were mad at Huelskamp for losing his seat on the House Agriculture Committee. This was the first time in 100 years that a Kansan was not on that committee.
Political views[change | change source]
Health care[change | change source]
Abortion[change | change source]
Personal life[change | change source]
Election history[change | change source]
Kansas's 1st congressional district, 2016
|Republican||Tim Huelskamp (inc.)||45,315||43.5%|
References[change | change source]
- Special to the Sentinel Roger Marshall's office (May 28, 2015). "Marshall announces republican candidacy". M.mcphersonsentinel.com. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- Hogg, Dale (August 2, 2016). "Marshall Wins in Upset". Great Bend Tribune. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Tate, Curtis (July 22, 2016). "Firebrand Kansas congressman feels heat in Republican primary". McClatchy Washington Bureau.
- Robertson, Joe (August 2, 2016). "Tea party's Tim Huelskamp ousted by challenger Roger Marshall in Kansas congressional race". The Kansas City Star.
- Lev Facher (March 3, 2017). "Two months ago, this doctor was delivering babies. Now he's at the nexus of the Obamacare fight". Stat via Boston Globe Media. Retrieved May 6, 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Final Vote Results for Roll Call 256". Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- Sunnivie Brydum, Antigay Kansas Rep. Won't Be Returning to Congress, The Advocate (August 3, 2016).
- Curtis Tate, Tea party Rep. Tim Huelskamp heading to defeat in Kansas Republican primary, McClatchy DC (August 2, 2016).
- "Physician Marshall ousts US Rep. Huelskamp in Kansas primary". Newscenter1.tv. Archived from the original on August 5, 2016. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roger Marshall.|
- Congressman Roger Marshall official US House website
- Roger Marshall for Congress official campaign website
- Roger Marshall at the Open Directory Project
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Vote Smart
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Appearances on C-SPAN
|116th||Senate: P. Roberts • J. Moran||House: R. Marshall • R. Estes • S. Davids • S. Watkins|