|Directed by||James Wan|
|Music by||Rupert Gregson-Williams|
|Edited by||Kirk Morri|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Box office||$1.148 billion|
Aquaman is an upcoming American superhero movie based on the DC Comics character of the same name. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is intended to be the sixth installment in the DC Extended Universe. The moviewill be directed by James Wan, with a screenplay by Will Beall, from a story by Wan and Geoff Johns. It stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Temuera Morrison, Dolph Lundgren, and Nicole Kidman with Djimon Hounsou.
Cast[change | change source]
- The king of the undersea nation of Atlantis, with the ability to manipulate the tides of the ocean, communicate with other aquatic life, swim at supersonic speeds, and possesses superhuman strength. Otis Dhanji portrays a young Arthur Curry.
- The queen of the undersea nation of Atlantis and Arthur's love interest. Mera possesses hydrokinetic and telepathic powers that allow her to control her aquatic environment and communicate with other Atlanteans.
- Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko: Atlantis' chief scientific advisor.
- Patrick Wilson as Orm Marius / Ocean Master:
- Aquaman's corrupted half-brother, who seeks to take the throne. Wilson previously had a voice cameo as the President of the United States in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Hyde / Black Manta: A ruthless treasure hunter and mercenary, who is Aquaman's archenemy.
- Temuera Morrison as Thomas Curry: Arthur Curry's father.
- Dolph Lundgren as Nereus: The king of the undersea nation of Xebel.
- Nicole Kidman as Atlanna: Arthur Curry's mother, and former queen of Atlantis.
- Ludi Lin as Murk: The leader of the Men-of-War, the frontline army of Atlantis.
- Djimon Hounsou as the Fisherman King
- Michael Beach as Jesse Kane: Black Manta's father.
- Randall Park as Dr. Stephen Shin: A marine biologist who was friends with Arthur's father.
Background[change | change source]
Release[change | change source]
- "Film Releases". Variety Insight. Archived from the original on September 3, 2018. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- "Aquaman (2018)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Clark, Travis (December 19, 2018). "'Aquaman' has already made more money than its production budget, and is looking at a big opening in the US". Business Insider. Archived from the original on December 7, 2018. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- Mendelson, Scott (December 25, 2018). "'Aquaman' Tops $500 Million: DC Films Ranked From Worst To Best". Forbes. Archived from the original on December 25, 2018. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- "Aquaman (2018)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- "Looks Like Young Aquaman Has Been Cast". CINEMABLEND. 5 May 2017.
- White, James. "Aquaman Adds Dolph Lundgren As King Nereus". Empire. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Aquaman: Nicole Kidman to play Jason Momoa's mother Queen Atlanna". Firstpost. April 4, 2017. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Aquaman: Michael Beach Confirms He Is Playing Black Manta's Father". DC. Retrieved 2017-05-26.
- creepypuppet (April 12, 2018). "So happy and fortunate to be finally working with this man, @parkrandall, on pickups. #DrShin" (Tweet). Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- grahammctavish (October 7, 2017). "Delighted to be able to announce my involvement in #Aquaman. Character has to be secret....for now. It's going to be awesome!" (Tweet). Retrieved October 8, 2017.
- "Production is Underway on Warner Bros. Pictures' Super Hero Action Adventure "Aquaman"". Business Wire. May 3, 2017. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]