|Man of Steel|
|Directed by||Zack Snyder|
|Screenplay by||David S. Goyer|
from DC Comics
|Edited by||David Brenner|
|Music by||Hans Zimmer|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Box office||$668 million|
Man of Steel is a 2013 superhero movie that is inspired by the DC Comics character Superman. It is directed by Zack Snyder and is the first movie in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). It was written by Snyder, David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan. It stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni and Russell Crowe.
Man of Steel was released in theaters on June 14, 2013, in 2D, 3D, and IMAX. The movie had divisive reviews from critics as some people liked the "darker, more realistic" retelling of Superman's origin story while others, who were used to a more joyful Superman, did not. A follow-up movie titled Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was released on March 25, 2016. 
Cast[change | change source]
- Henry Cavill as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Michael Shannon as General Zod
- Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent
- Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
- Antje Traue as Faora-Ul
- Russell Crowe as Jor-El
- Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van
- Christopher Meloni as Colonel Nathan Hardy
- Harry Lennix also plays General Calvin Swanwick, who is later revealed to be the Martian Manhunter in Zack Snyder's Justice League
References[change | change source]
- Finke, Nikki; Fleming Jr., Mike (February 9, 2010). "It's A Bird! It's A Plane! It's Chris Nolan! He'll Mentor Superman 3.0 And Prep 3rd Batman". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on August 27, 2014. Retrieved December 3, 2010.
- Merrion, Paul (July 28, 2011). "Superman flying into Chicago in August for filming". Crain's Chicago Business. Archived from the original on June 29, 2019. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- "Man of Steel (2013)". British Film Institute. Archived from the original on March 10, 2016. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- Duca, Lauren (June 14, 2013). "What Critics Are Saying About Henry Cavill's Superman in Man of Steel". New York. Archived from the original on June 18, 2013. Retrieved January 4, 2020.
- Begley, Chris (April 23, 2013). "'Man of Steel' director Zack Snyder promises references to DC Universe". Batman News. Archived from the original on April 26, 2013. Retrieved April 24, 2013.