|Directed by||John Lasseter|
|Produced by||Darla K. Anderson|
|Edited by||Ken Schretzmann|
|Music by||Randy Newman|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures Distribution|
|Box office||$462 million|
Cars is a 2006 movie made by Pixar. In it, cars are living beings and there are no humans. The movie is about Lightning McQueen, a racecar who is on his way to California where he is scheduled to race for the Piston Cup. He gets lost on the way and finds himself in Radiator Springs, a fictional town on Route 66. There, he makes new friends who help him get to his Piston Cup race.
Sequels and spin-offs[change | change source]
A sequel, Cars 2, was released on June 24, 2011. A second sequel, Cars 3, was released on June 16, 2017. Both sequels were also made by Pixar.
A spin-off movie, Planes, was released on August 9, 2013. Its sequel Planes: Fire & Rescue was released on July 18, 2014. The Planes movies were made by DisneyToon Studios and not by Pixar. A third film was planned, but was cancelled due to the closure of DisneyToon Studios in June 2018.
There has also been a spin-off television program on the Disney Channel called Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales.
Cast[change | change source]
- Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen
- Paul Newman as Doc Hudson
- Bonnie Hunt as Sally Carrera
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
- Cheech Marin as Ramone
- Tony Shalhoub as Luigi
- Guido Quaroni as Guido
- Jenifer Lewis as Flo
- Paul Dooley as Sarge
- Michael Wallis as Sheriff
- George Carlin as Fillmore
- Katherine Helmond as Lizzie
- John Ratzenberger as Mack
- Joe Ranft as Red and Jerry Recycled Batteries
- Michael Keaton as Chick Hicks
- Richard Petty as The King
- Jeremy Piven as Harv
- Bob Costas as Bob Cutlass
- Darrell Waltrip as Darrell Cartrip
- Richard Kind as Van
- Edie McClurg as Minny
- H.A. Wheeler as Tex Dinoco
- Tom Magliozzi as Rusty Rust-eze
- Ray Magliozzi as Dusty Rust-eze
- Lynda Petty as Lynda Weathers
- Andrew Stanton as Fred
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. as himself
- Michael Schumacher as himself
- Jay Leno as Jay Limo
- Mario Andretti as himself
- Sarah Clark as Kori Turbowitz
- Mike Nelson as Not Chuck
- Jonas Rivera as Boost
- Lou Romano as Snot Rod
- Adrian Ochoa as Wingo
- E.J. Holowicki as DJ
- Lindsey Collins as Mia
- Elissa Knight as Tia
- Larry Benton as Larry Camper
- Douglas Keever as Albert Hinkey and Doug R.M.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Cars". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Archived from the original on December 8, 2019. Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- ↑ "Michael Wallis confirms there will be a "Cars 3″". Route 66 News. August 17, 2013. Retrieved 2014-05-06.