Pallewatte Gamaralalage Maithripala Yapa Sirisena (pronounced [pallewat̪t̪ə ɡaməraːləlaːɡeː majt̪ɾiːpaːlə jaːpaː siɾiseːnə]; Sinhala: මෛත්රීපාල සිරිසේන; Tamil: மைத்திரிபால சிறிசேன; born 3 September 1951) is a Sri Lankan politician and the 7th and current President of Sri Lanka, in office since January 2015.
Notes[change | change source]
- Minister of Agriculture, Environment, Irrigation and Mahaweli Development (November 2005 - January 2007)
Agricultural Development and Agrarian Services (January 2007 - April 2010)
- Minister of River Basin Development and Rajarata Development (April 2004 - July 2005)
- Except for the 2015 Presidential Election
- Only for the 2015 Presidential Election
References[change | change source]
- "Sessions of Parliament". parliament.lk. Parliament of Sri Lanka. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Sirisena to be sworn in as Sri Lanka's new president". Gulf Times. Agence France-Presse. 9 January 2015.
- Balachandran, P. K. (9 January 2015). "Sirisena Finally Romps Home With 51.28 Per Cent". The New Indian Express.