Simlish is a made-up language spoken in the Sims video games. It was created because changing the Sims' words into the players' language would cost a lot of money and would make the Sims say the same words all the time.[source?] Simlish is spoken by Sims, the characters in The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.
Sentences in Simlish[change | change source]
All of these phrases are from The Sims.
- Male Sims speaking - "Homina blastima."
- Female Sims speaking - "Enama polap."
- Child Sims speaking - "Sizzaza Za" and "The sungoos keekaf terweek."
- Female Sims playing arcade games - "Itwack, itcack."
- Adult Sims speaking on the telephone - "A beboo."
- Child Sims getting on a bus - "Yabba doochia."
- Adult male Sims saying goodbye - "Mal-Mal."
Written Simlish[change | change source]
Written Simlish is seen on The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and ‘‘The Sims 4’’. It looks similar to Zodiac symbols taken from the Wingdings font on a computer. Text such as the names of Sims, hints and tips and on-screen messages are all in the selected language (i.e. English, French, Spanish), and are usually written in the Comic Sans MS font.
Speaking Simlish[change | change source]
|Ragen Plaga||I want to sleep|
|Urr rahh||Oh yeah|
|Soon Soon||Bye bye|