Second Polish Republic
Second Polish Republic was name of Polish state from 1918 (end of WWI) through 1939 (start of WWII). When its borders were fixed in 1922 after several wars, it had borders with Czechoslovakia, Weimar Republic, Free City of Danzig, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania and Soviet Union. Józef Piłsudski was the leader during most of the state's existence.
Predecessors[change | change source]
- German Empire
- Kingdom of Poland (1916-1918)
- West Ukrainian National Republic
- Lemko-Rusyn Republic
- Komancza Republic
- Ukrainian People's Republic
- Galician Soviet Socialist Republic
- Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria
- Republic of Central Lithuania
Successors[change | change source]
The second polish republic, in 1939, Was invaded by Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Poland surrendered 39 days later.