June 2019[change source]
Hello! Thank you for creating a new category. However, we normally need at least three pages in a category before it is created. Because categories are a way to group together similar articles, there is no need to create a new category for just one or two articles. If you think there might be more pages to add to the new category, please add them now. Thank you. Auntof6 (talk) 00:03, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
RfD nomination of Category:Unincorporated communities in Douglas County, Kansas[change source]
An editor has requested deletion of Category:Unincorporated communities in Douglas County, Kansas, an article you created. We appreciate your changes, but the nominator doesn't believe that the article meets Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion and has explained why in the nomination (see also "What Wikipedia is not").
Please comment on the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2019/Category:Unincorporated communities in Douglas County, Kansas and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
You may also change the article during the discussion to address the nominator's concerns. But you should not remove the requests for deletion template from the top of the article; such removal will not end the deletion debate. Thank you very much. Auntof6 (talk) 17:40, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Junedude433. Thanks for your work here. Please note the following:
- In several articles, you used the heading "Links" for external links. Please use "Other websites" instead, because that is the standard here.
- Some of your settlement articles, such as Schulte, Kansas, have been overcategorized, meaning that they are in two categories where one category is a parent of the other. Please use only the lower-level of the two categories.
- Okay. I didn't know what the standard for the simplified "External Links" section was considering most articles don't have that section. I figured "Links" was good enough. I'll do that from now on. As for the categories, I'm mostly just emulating what categories the standard English Wikipedia has for each article. For the unincorporated places, they are in both the general Kansas unincorporated places category but also in their respective county's category. ~Junedude433talk 22:41, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
- A second suggestion, please copy all of the associated references too, you have created several articles with broken references. Nunabas (talk) 15:54, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
Commenting on requests for deletion[change source]
- I didn't notice it had been closed. When I commented, it still showed it as open. Won't happen in the future.~Junedude433talk 18:25, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
A note about adding redlinked categories to pages: Please don't leave them as redlinked for very long. If you don't find 3 entries for a category in a short period of time, remove the category from pages. If you can find 3 entries, add them to the category and create it. Category:People from Lawrence, Kansas has more than enough entries to be created. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 04:28, 22 July 2019 (UTC)