List of social democratic parties
This is a list of parties in the world that consider themselves to be upholding the principles and values of social democracy. Some are also members of the Socialist International. Note that, in some cases, a party's self-described adherence to social democracy may be disputed by its critics.
Note: Not all parties that use these names are social democratic.
- Socialist Party
- Social Democratic Party
- Democratic Socialist Party
- Labour Party
- Social Democratic Union
Alphabetical list [change]
Other pages [change]
- Index of political parties to browse parties by name
- List of political parties to browse parties by country
- List of political parties by ideology to browse parties by ideology
- Membership of internationals to browse parties by membership of internationals
Other websites [change]
- One party with a name in each of the four official languages
- DSA refers to themselves as "socialists", rather than "social democrats" in their organization's literature. Therefore, DSA can arguably be called a supporter of democratic socialism instead of social democracy.
- Some members of the Democratic Party (e.g. Dennis Kucinich) could arguably be considered as social democrats; however, the party line is not socialist and often anti-socialist.