12th G7 summit
The 12th G7 Summit was a meeting in 1986 for the leaders of Canada, the European Commission, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
History[change | change source]
The Tokyo summit of the Group of Seven (G7) was the 12th meeting in a series which began in 1976.
Core participants[change | change source]
|Core G7 members|
Host nation and leader are indicated in bold text.
|Canada||Brian Mulroney||Prime Minister|
|West Germany||Helmut Kohl||Chancellor|
|Italy||Bettino Craxi||Prime Minister|
|Japan||Yasuhiro Nakasone||Prime Minister|
|United Kingdom||Margaret Thatcher||Prime Minister|
|United States||Ronald Reagan||President|
|European Commission||Jacques Delors ||President|
Overview[change | change source]
The G7 leaders agreed to work together to improve policy coordination. There was a decision to establish a meeting of finance ministers.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA): "Documents of Summit Meetings in the Past" (12th). Retrieved 2012-5-21. Archived 2009-04-30 at WebCite
- Japan Cabinet Office, State Guesthouse, Akasaka Palace. Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- G20/G8 France 2011, What is G8? ("Previous summits" section) Archived 2012-03-19 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- G20-G8 France 2011, What is G8? ("Language" section) Archived 2012-03-19 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- US Dept. of State, G8 Frequently Asked Questions ("How does the G8 work?" section). Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- Rieffel, Lex. "Regional Voices in Global Governance: Looking to 2010 (Part IV)," Brookings. March 27, 2009. Retrieved 2012-2-10.
- G8 Hokkaido Toyako summit "History of the Summit" (12th) Archived 2010-02-13 at the Wayback Machine; Delegation of the European Union to Japan, "EU and the G8 & G20"[permanent dead link]. Retrieved 2012-5-21.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to 12th G7 summit at Wikimedia Commons
11th G7 summit
| 12th G7 summit
13th G7 summit