1.5% of the U.S. population (2016)
|Regions with significant populations|
|New York City Area, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Northern New Jersey, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles Area, San Diego, Sacramento, Houston, Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, Austin, Tampa, Orlando, Seattle, Atlanta, Metro Detroit, Honolulu, Portland, Oregon, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Columbus, Chicago, Phoenix|
|Predominantly English, varieties of Chinese: |
Mandarin Chinese (Standard Chinese), Yue Chinese (Cantonese, Taishanese), Min Chinese (Eastern, Southern), Hakka, Wu Chinese (Taihu Wu, Oujiang Wu)
|Unaffiliated, Buddhism, Protestantism, Catholicism and Taoism|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Asian Americans, Hong Kong Americans,|
Overseas Chinese, Chinese Canadians,
|Alternative Chinese name|
Chinese American describes citizens of the United States who have come from China or whose family came from China. They are the largest group of Asian Americans. Famous Chinese Americans include Yo Yo Ma, Bruce Lee and George Li. As of 2010 there are nearly 4 million Chinese Americans, just over 1% of the total population of the U.S.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "ASIAN ALONE OR IN ANY COMBINATION BY SELECTED GROUPS: 2016". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 14 February 2020. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Ethnologue report for language code: cdo". Ethnologue.com. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Ethnologue report for language code: wuu". Ethnologue.com. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Asian Americans: A Mosaic of Faiths". The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life. Pew Research Center. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
Unaffiliated 52%, Protestant 22%, Buddhist 15%, Catholic 8%
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Chinese Americans at Wikimedia Commons
- Stanford page Archived 2013-07-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Factfinder Chinese Americans 2005 American Community Survey Archived 2020-02-12 at Archive.today
- The Rocky Road to Liberty: A Documented History of Chinese American Immigration and Exclusion
- Famous Chinese Americans Comprehensive list of famous Chinese Americans organized by professions. Includes short biographical notes and Chinese names.