Emma's Theatre is a Canadian-American-British-Israeli computer-animated children's television series. It formerly aired on Kids' CBC in Canada, and Playhouse Disney in the United States between programs from July 10, 2007 to June 9, 2009.
It was aired on BabyTV in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Singapore, Italy, Latin America, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Turkey, India, United Arab Emirates, and Israel.
The program aims to introduce babies and toddlers to different cultures and to expose them to different places and countries through short stories. The show is produced by PitchiPoy Animation Productions and distributed by Decode Entertainment, a DHX Media company.
Plot[change | change source]
Emma is a little 5-year-old girl who puts on a puppet show play in her puppet theatre, with the little help of her four charming and cute little puppets who have came to life. in each episode, they are always visiting a different place in the world with each fascinating tale, and during each fascinating tale, Emma entertains the younger audiences while she is always sharing and amusing the facts about all of the traditions and customs of really far-away distant countries and cultures.
There is also a magical door that has a colorful rainbow, a yellow sun, two white clouds, and three green and brown trees, it is also the magical door that Emma walks in to get inside her puppet theatre, and to greet and say hello to the younger audiences at the beginning of each episode.
During the end of each episode, in the ending credits, Emma thanks them and says goodbye to each other, while leaving her puppet theatre by walking out of her magical door.
Characters[change | change source]
- Emma (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain in Canada And US, Teresa Gallagher in the UK, and Rona Bekerman and Sapir Darmon in Israel) is a little 5-year-old girl who loves to put on a variety of puppet shows with her four charming and cute little puppets.
- Puppet #1 (voiced by Kathleen Barr in Canada And US, Kannon Hicks and Jan Hayden Rowles in the UK, and Einat Azulay in Israel) is a little male Afro-American puppet with tan skin, dark brown hair and a yellow-colored t-shirt.
- Puppet #2 (voiced by Britt McKillip in Canada And US, Maria Darling in the UK, and Tayla Barkay in Israel) is a little female blonde puppet with fair skin, yellow hair with two pigtails and a pink-colored t-shirt.
- Puppet #3 (voiced by Chiara Zanni in Canada And US, Jo Wyatt in the UK, and Dikla Hadar and Dana Rishfi in Israel) is a little female Afro-American puppet with tan skin, dark brown hair and a red-colored dress.
- Puppet #4 (voiced by Ian James Corlett in Canada And US, Preston Oliver and Keith Wickham in the UK, and Dan Kiesler in Israel) is a little male red-headed puppet with fair skin, spiky orange hair and a green-colored t-shirt.
Episodes[change | change source]
Season 1 (2007)
- United States of America
- New Zealand
- Country Fair
Season 2 (2009)
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- South Africa
- El Salvador
- Christmas Eve