|Died||February 18, 2018 (aged 81)|
New York City, U.S.
|Known for||Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1999|
Günter Blobel (May 21, 1936 – February 18, 2018) was a German-born American biochemist. His native city, Waltersdorf, now belongs to Poland.
He has received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1999 for his studies concerning protein targeting.
Blobel died in New York City on February 18, 2018 of prostate cancer at the age of 81.
References[change | change source]
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine winners
- 1936 births
- 2018 deaths
- Deaths from prostate cancer
- Cancer deaths in New York City
- American academics
- American biochemists
- American Nobel Prize winners
- Naturalized citizens of the United States
- People from former German territories
- People from Prussia
- German Nobel Prize winners