List of scientists from North America
(Redirected from List of scientists from the Americas)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of scientists from North America.
Belize[change | change source]
- Janet Gibson - Goldman Environmental Prize in 1990; she is a zoologist (and therefore also a biologist).
- Andrea Gill - she is a former president of the Senate of Belize; biologist
Bermuda[change | change source]
- Louis L. Mowbray - he successfully bred the first Galapagos tortoises and Galapagos penguins in captivity; he was a naturalist and an ornithologist; death in 1952
- David B. Wingate (He got the awards, the Queen’s Honours (UK); and (UN's) Global 500 Award)
Honduras[change | change source]
United States[change | change source]
- Thomas Edison - he and his workers made "the first practical incandescent light bulb";  died in 1931
- Benjamin Franklin, President of Pennsylvania, died in 1790
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "WCS Scientist Honored by Queen Elizabeth II > Newsroom". newsroom.wcs.org.
- "Senator Andrea Gill". Bemopan, Belize: National Assembly of Belize. 16 October 2008. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Dr David Wingate Bio Bermuda".
- Demers, Peter (7 March 2013). "Security and Human Rights in Honduras: A Conversation with Julieta Castellanos". Inter-American Dialogue.
- Editors, History com. "Thomas Edison". HISTORY.
- Palermo, Elizabeth; August 16, Associate Editor; ET, 2017 10:02pm. "Who Invented the Light Bulb?". Live Science.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "Benjamin Franklin's contributions to science". www.ushistory.org.