March 9, 1923
|Died||April 19, 2016 (aged 93)|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto, Harvard|
|Known for||Density functional theory|
Mara (Vishniac) Schiff
|Awards||Nobel Prize in Chemistry(1998), Buckley Prize|
|Institutions||UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego|
|Doctoral advisor||Julian Schwinger|
References[change | change source]
- "Lois M. Kohn Obituary".
- Newhouse, Alana (1 April 2010). "A Closer Reading of Roman Vishniac" – via NYTimes.com.
- From Exile to Excellence Archived 2011-05-31 at the Wayback Machine, by Karin Hanta (Austria Culture Vol. 9 No. 1 January/February 1999)
- Such as Peter Agre, Nadine Gordimer, Yuan T. Lee, Elinor Ostrom, Werner Arber, David Gross, James Mirrlees, Carlo Rubbia, Paul J. Crutzen, Mario J. Molina, Amartya Sen, Peter Doherty (scientist), Douglass North, John Sulston, Murray Gell-Mann, Harold Kroto, Douglas Osheroff, Muhammad Yunus
- "Stockholm Memorandum," Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine Nobel-cause.de, 2011
- Pernett, Stephanie (April 22, 2016). "UCSB Professor and Nobel Laureate Walter Kohn Passes Away at 93". Daily Nexus. Santa Barbara, California. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- "Walter Kohn, Nobel-Winning Scientist, Dies at 93". The New York Times.com. April 25, 2016. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Photograph of Walter Kohn:  Archived 2009-03-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "Quantum Chemistry Comes of Age," Archived 2007-10-10 at the Wayback Machine The Chemical Educator, Vol. 5, No. 3, S1430-4171(99)06333-7, doi:10.1007/s00897990333a, © 2000 Springer-Verlag New York, Inc.
- Freeview video interview with Walter Kohn by the Vega Science Trust
- Official homepage of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1998
- Kohn's faculty website at University of California-Santa Barbara. Retrieved November 11, 2006.