Kohn at the 2012 Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting
March 9, 1923
|Died||April 19, 2016
Santa Barbara, California, U.S.
|Institutions||UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto, Harvard|
|Doctoral advisor||Julian Schwinger|
|Known for||Density functional theory|
|Notable awards||Nobel Prize in Chemistry(1998), Buckley Prize|
References[change | change source]
- From Exile to Excellence, by Karin Hanta (Austria Culture Vol. 9 No. 1 January/February 1999)
- Such as Peter Agre, Nadine Gordimer, Yuan T. Lee, Elinor Ostrom, Werner Arber, David Gross, James Mirrlees, Carlo Rubbia, Paul J. Crutzen, Mario J. Molina, Amartya Sen, Peter Doherty (scientist), Douglass North, John Sulston, Murray Gell-Mann, Harold Kroto, Douglas Osheroff, Muhammad Yunus
- "Stockholm Memorandum," Nobel-cause.de, 2011
- Pernett, Stephanie (April 22, 2016). "UCSB Professor and Nobel Laureate Walter Kohn Passes Away at 93". Daily Nexus (Santa Barbara, California). http://dailynexus.com/2016-04-22/ucsb-professor-and-nobel-laureate-walter-kohn-passes-away-at-93/. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- "Walter Kohn, Nobel-Winning Scientist, Dies at 93". The New York Times.com. April 25, 2016. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/science/walter-kohn-nobel-winning-scientist-dies-at-93.html?_r=0. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Photograph of Walter Kohn: 
- "Quantum Chemistry Comes of Age," The Chemical Educator, Vol. 5, No. 3, S1430-4171(99)06333-7, doi:10.1007/s00897990333a, © 2000 Springer-Verlag New York, Inc.
- Freeview video interview with Walter Kohn by the Vega Science Trust
- Official homepage of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1998
- Kohn's faculty website at University of California-Santa Barbara. Retrieved November 11, 2006.