Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Died||July 28, 1968 (aged 89)|
|Known for||Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1944|
Otto Hahn (8 March 1879 – 28 July 1968) was a German Nobel Prize winning chemist. He did pioneering research into the atom and he discovered nuclear fission (splitting the uranium atom) in 1938, together with Lise Meitner and Fritz Strassmann.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Otto Hahn - the top 10 greatest scientists
- Otto Hahn - the top 100 greatest Germans
- Otto Hahn (Great Germans) Archived 2014-01-14 at the Wayback Machine Biography
- Otto Hahn - Famous Scientist Archived 2016-03-08 at the Wayback Machine The human touch of chemistry.
- Otto Hahn - the inventor of atom splitting Archived 2012-07-27 at the Wayback Machine Visit Berlin, 2011.