|• Total||12.89 sq mi (33.38 km2)|
|• Land||12.89 sq mi (33.38 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||568 ft (173 m)|
|• Density||816.83/sq mi (315.39/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0136100|
Geography[change | change source]
Valley is located in the southeastern Chambers County at 32°48'41" North, 85°10'41" West (32.811387, -85.177938). According to the U.S. Census Bureau, it has a total area of 12.9 square miles (33.4 km2), all land.
It is located on the Alabama-Georgia state line.
Climate[change | change source]
Its climate usually has hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Valley has a humid subtropical climate. It is often abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps. 
Demographics[change | change source]
Population[change | change source]
As of the census of 2020, there were 10,529 people and 4,336 households in the city. Its population density was 817 people per square mile (315/km2). There were 4,910 housing units at an average density of 381 per square mile (147/km2).
Average income[change | change source]
In 2021, the median income for a household in the city was $51,476, and the median income for a family was $54,571. The per capita income for the city was $24,905. About 13.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.6% of those under age 18 and 13.7% of those age 65 or over.
Media[change | change source]
Valley is served by the Columbus, Georgia Television Designated Market Area (DMA).
Notable people[change | change source]
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Jennifer Chandler, won a gold medal in diving at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal
- Josh Evans, former NFL player
- Lemanski Hall, former NFL player
- John Copeland, former NFL player
- Bill McGhee, former player for the Philadelphia Athletics
- Marcus Pollard, former NFL player
- Mike Potts, former pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers
- K. Lee Scott, Christian composer
- Jylan Ware, NFL player
- Drew Ferguson, member of the United States House of Representatives from Georgia's 3rd congressional district
- Matt Foster, pitcher for the Chicago White Sox
References[change | change source]
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 29, 2021.
- "PROFILE OF GENERAL POPULATION AND HOUSING CHARACTERISTICS". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 12, 2023.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Valley, Alabama Köppen Climate Classification (Weatherbase)". Weatherbase. Retrieved 2020-08-08.
- "Valley city, Alabama - Census Bureau Profile". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 12, 2023.
- "MEAN INCOME IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 12, 2023.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Retrieved June 6, 2013.