Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location in Coffee County and the state of Alabama
|• Total||15.5 sq mi (40 km2)|
|• Land||15.4 sq mi (39.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||194 ft (59 m)|
|• Density||270/sq mi (104.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0117908|
Education[change | change source]
Public Education is provided by the Elba City Public School District. There are two schools in the city:
- Elba High School (grades 7 through 12)
- Elba Elementary School (grades K through 6)
Media[change | change source]
- Radio stations
Notable residents[change | change source]
- James E. "Big Daddy" Folsom, only Coffee County native to become governor of Alabama.
- Ronald McKinnon, National Football League player.
- Cornelia Ellis Wallace(1939–2009), the second wife of Governor George C. Wallace, Jr. and the First Lady of Alabama from 1971–1978.