The Preferred Community, The Fountain City
|Coordinates: Coordinates: 32°27′33″N 86°27′5″W / 32.45917°N 86.45139°W|
|• Mayor||Jim B. (R)|
|• Total||23.9 sq mi (61.9 km2)|
|• Land||23.2 sq mi (60 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|Elevation||328 ft (100 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0125246|
Prattville is a city in Autauga and Elmore counties in the U.S. state of Alabama. It is the county seat of Autauga County. As of the 2010 Census, the population of the city is 33,960. The city is northwest of Montgomery.
Tornado[change | change source]
On February 17, 2008, Prattville was hit by an estimated EF3 tornado which destroyed more than 45 homes and businesses and damaged over 800.
Notable residents[change | change source]
- John Martin, Author Travel and History
- Rodger Morrison, Author and Researcher
- Marlon Anderson, Major League Baseball player
- Evan Crawford, Major League Baseball player
- Bobby Jon Drinkard, contestant on Reality television shows Survivor: Palau and Survivor: Guatemala
- Roman Harper, NFL player.
- Wilson Pickett (March 18, 1941 – January 19, 2006), R&B and soul singer and songwriter
- Kevin Turner, NFL player
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Annual Estimates of the Population for Incorporated Places in Alabama, Listed Alphabetically: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2006" (CSV). 2007 Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division. June 28, 2007. Retrieved June 28, 2007.
- ↑ Benn, Alvin (February 28, 2010). "Prattville turns out to welcome Saints star home". Montgomery Advertiser. Gannett. Archived from the original on 2014-08-13. Retrieved 2010-03-30.