Mountain Brook, Alabama
The Tiny Kingdom
|• Mayor||Terry Oden (R)|
|• City||12.2 sq mi (31.7 km2)|
|• Land||12.2 sq mi (31.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||768 ft (140 m)|
|• Density||1,701/sq mi (656.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0123503|
Mountain Brook is a city in Jefferson County, Alabama, United States. The city is a suburb of Birmingham, Alabama. In 2005, Mountain Brook had a population of 20,821, and is on several lists of the United States' richest communities.
Mountain Brook was created after an election was held on March 24, 1942, with 263 voting in favor of incorporation and 67 opposing. The area was founded by Robert Jemison, and the city was designed by Warren H. Manning. Mountain Brook was built around three villages: English Village, Mountain Brook Village, and Crestline Village.
References[change | change source]
- Eskew, Glenn T. (1997-11-12). "Businessmen's Reform". But for Birmingham: The Local and National Movements in the Civil Rights Struggle. The University of North Carolina Press. pp. 183. ISBN 0807846678.
- "Annual Estimates of the Population for All Incorporated Places in Alabama" (CSV). 2005 Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division. June 21, 2006. Retrieved November 9, 2006.
- Census says Alabamians' incomes up 12 percent Archived 2016-01-04 at the Wayback Machine The Birmingham News (May 24, 2002). Retrieved on January 16, 2006.
- Barefield, Marilyn Davis (1989-12-01). A History of Mountain Brook, Alabama & Incidentally of Shades Valley. Southern University Press. ISBN 0876519907.
- "Courteney Cox Arquette: Full Biography". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "Seeking information: Disappearance of Natalee Ann Holloway". Federal Bureau of Investigation. Archived from the original on 2010-09-23. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
Other websites[change | change source]
- MtnBrook.org - Official city website
- Mountain Brook Chamber of Commerce Archived 2009-07-16 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mountain Brook, Alabama.|