|56th United States Secretary of State|
September 22, 1973 – January 20, 1977
|Preceded by||William Rogers|
|Succeeded by||Cyrus Vance|
|United States National Security Advisor|
January 20, 1969 – November 3, 1975
|Preceded by||Walt Rostow|
|Succeeded by||Brent Scowcroft|
|22nd Chancellor of The College of William & Mary|
February 10, 2001 – April 7, 2006
|Preceded by||Margaret Thatcher|
|Succeeded by||Sandra Day O'Connor|
|Born||Heinz Alfred Kissinger
May 27, 1923
Fürth, Bavaria, Germany
|Spouse(s)||Ann Fleischer (1949–1964)
Nancy Maginnes (1974–present)
|Alma mater||City University of New York, City College
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Unit||970th Counter Intelligence Corps|
Henry Alfred Wolfgang Kissinger (born Heinz Alfred Wolfgang Kissinger on May 27, 1923), pronounced /ˈkɪsɪndʒər/, is a German-American political scientist, diplomat, and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. He served as both National Security Advisor and later as Secretary of State in the Nixon Administration and the Ford Administration.
In his later years, Kissinger — along with William Perry, Sam Nunn, and George Shultz — called upon governments to reduce nuclear weapons, and in three Wall Street Journal articles proposed a program of urgent steps to that end. The four have created the Nuclear Security Project to advance this cause.
References[change | change source]
- Isaacson, pp 20.
- "Ex-US Secretary of State Kissinger hospitalized". http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100313/ap_on_re_as/as_skorea_us_kissinger;_ylt=AjTrXfI0o_Cra9A.TZFRrB8EtbAF;_ylu=X3oDMTJzZW8ycTJoBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMzEzL2FzX3Nrb3JlYV91c19raXNzaW5nZXIEcG9zAzQEc2VjA3luX3BhZ2luYXRlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDZXgtdXNzZWNyZXRh. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Maclin, Beth (2008-10-20) "A Nuclear weapon-free world is possible, Nunn says", Belfer Center, Harvard University. Retrieved on 2008-10-21.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Henry Kissinger|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Henry Kissinger|
- Annotated Bibliography for Henry Kissinger from the Alsos Digital Library for Nuclear Issues
- Official Website of Henry A. Kissinger
- Henry Kissinger at the Internet Movie Database
- "Charlie Rose" A conversation with Henry Kissinger, December 16, 2008
- Henry Kissinger speaks at the Asia Society, NYC, February 2007
- Kissinger's political donations
- NPR: Kissinger Speech at National Press Club. Towards the end [55:55], he responds to Hitchens.