|Emperor of Japan|
|Reign||1 May 2019 – present|
|Enthronement||22 October 2019|
|Prime Ministers||Shinzō Abe|
23 February 1960
Imperial Household Agency Hospital, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Tokyo, Japan
Masako Owada (m. 1993)
|Issue||Aiko, Princess Toshi|
|House||Imperial House of Japan|
Naruhito is the eldest son of former emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko of Japan. He was originally known as His Imperial Highness The Prince Hiro but was later given the title of Crown Prince in 1991.
Early life and careers[change | change source]
Naruhito was born on 23 February 1960 at Imperial Household Agency Hospital, Imperial Palace in Tokyo,
He is be crown prince of Japan in 1991, He was first study in Gakushūin, He was graduated at Gakushuin University in 1982, He was studying in The House or College of Scholars of Merton in the University of Oxford in 1983 to 1985
Naruhito and Masako have engagement in spring of 1993 , their married in 9 June 1993 at Imperial Shinto Hall in Tokyo,
Naruhito and Masako's only daughter Aiko, Princess Toshi was born in 1 December 2001 at Imperial Household Agency Hospital in Tokyo Imperial Palace.
Titles and styles[change | change source]
- 23 February 1960 – 23 February 1991: His Imperial Highness The Prince Hiro
- 23 February 1991 – 30 April 2019: His Imperial Highness The Crown Prince of Japan
- 1 May 2019 – present: His Majesty The Emperor
References[change | change source]
- "What to watch at the Emperor's enthronement ceremonies". NHK. 18 October 2019. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- "Japan's Emperor Akihito abdicates". 2019-04-30. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- "Naruhito is new emperor of Japan; 'Reiwa' era begins". www.nst.com.my. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- Enjoji, Kaori (December 1, 2017). "Japan Emperor Akihito to abdicate on April 30, 2019". CNN. Tokyo. Retrieved December 1, 2017.
- Japan's Emperor proclaims enthronement in ancient-style ceremony