City of Tampa
"Cigar City", "The Big Guava"
|Coordinates: Coordinates: 27°56′50″N 82°27′31″W / 27.94722°N 82.45861°W|
|• Mayor||Bob Buckhorn (D)|
|• City||170.6 sq mi (441.9 km2)|
|• Land||112.1 sq mi (290.3 km2)|
|• Water||58.5 sq mi (151.6 km2)|
|Elevation||48 ft (14.6 m)|
|• Density||3,505.9/sq mi (1,353.6/km2)|
|• Urban||2.4 million|
|• Metro||3.1 million|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0292005|
|Website||City of Tampa official website|
Tampa is a city in Florida, a state of the United States. It has a population of about 384,959 people as of 2020. Tampa is 3rd largest city in Florida, and the 52nd largest city in the USA.
Sports[change | change source]
Tampa is the home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning and Tampa Bay Storm.
People from Tampa[change | change source]
- Brittany Snow (born 1986), actress
- Derek Bell (born 1968), professional baseball player
- Salha "Mama" Bobo (c. 1900 – 2001), Ybor business pioneer
- Ray Charles (1930–2004), blind blues singer, pianist
- Aaron Carter (born 1987), actor/singer
- Oba Chandler (born 1946) murderer (lived there since early 80s)
- Hulk Hogan (born 1953), actor/wrestler
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ↑ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.