The Batman (movie)
|Directed by||Matt Reeves|
|Music by||Michael Giacchino|
|Edited by||William Hoy|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
The Batman is an upcoming American superhero mystery movie based on the DC Comics character of the same name. It is produced by DC Films and released by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is set to be a reboot of the movie franchise. The movie is directed by Matt Reeves, who wrote the screenplay with Mattson Tomlin, and will star Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne / Batman, with Jeffrey Wright, Zoë Kravitz, Paul Dano, Andy Serkis, and John Turturro in supporting roles.
The Batman is scheduled to be released on October 1, 2022. It was originally supposed to be released in June 2021, but was pushed back due to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
Cast[change | change source]
- Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne / Batman:
A billionaire socialite and heir of Wayne Enterprises who dedicates himself to protecting Gotham City from its criminal underworld as a highly trained, masked vigilante.
- Jeffrey Wright as James Gordon: The Gotham City Police Department commissioner and an ally of Batman. Wright will be the first actor of color to portray Gordon in movie. The character was played by J. K. Simmons in Justice League (2017).
- Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle / Catwoman: Kravitz voiced the character in The Lego Batman Movie (2017).
- Paul Dano as Edward Nashton / Riddler.
- Colin Farrell as Oswald Cobblepot / Penguin.
- Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth.
- John Turturro as Carmine Falcone.
- Peter Sarsgaard as Gil Colson: Gotham's district attorney.
- Barry Keoghan as Stanley Merkel: An officer in the Gotham City Police Department.
Additionally, Jayme Lawson has been cast as Bella, a politician running for office in Gotham.
Sequels[change | change source]
The Batman is set to be the first in a new trilogy of Batman movies.
References[change | change source]
- McNary, Dave (May 31, 2019). "Robert Pattinson Is Officially 'The Batman'". Variety. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- Kit, Borys. ""Quick" Debates and Secret Screen Tests: How Robert Pattinson Became Batman". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 18, 2019.
- Hood, Cooper (September 23, 2019). "The Batman Eyes Jeffrey Wright For Commissioner Jim Gordon Role". Screen Rant. Retrieved October 14, 2019.
- Kit, Borys (October 14, 2019). "Zoe Kravitz to Star as Catwoman in 'The Batman'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- "'The Batman' Casts Paul Dano as the Riddler". The Hollywood Reporter. October 17, 2019. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- Couch, Aaron (November 22, 2019). "'The Batman' Casts John Turturro as Crime Boss Carmine Falcone". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons Join the Cast of Warner Bros. Pictures' Untitled Superman/Batman Film from Director Zack Snyder". Business Wire. January 31, 2014.
- Friedman, Roger (May 1, 2016). "Exclusive: Jeremy Irons Will Bring Batman's Alfred to "Justice League of America"". Showbiz 411. Retrieved May 1, 2016.
- Marston, George (January 28, 2020). "'The Batman' Full Cast Confirmed Including Roles for Sarsgaard, Lawson". Newsarama. Archived from the original on January 28, 2020. Retrieved January 28, 2020.
- Bui, Hoai-Tran (August 24, 2020). "'The Batman' Quietly Casts Barry Keoghan as Officer Stanley Merkel". /Film. Archived from the original on August 24, 2020. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]