This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism.
- Use Requests for rollback to ask for rollback tool.
Possible sockpuppet IPs[change source]
These two IPs have been vandalizing pages related to Sudan and South Sudan with similar content. I have reason to suspect they might be the same user and should be acted upon by an admin promptly. << S O M E G A D G E T G E E K >> (talk) 22:10, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
- In response to the above a user account by the name of << S O M E G A D G E T G E E K >> (talk) 15:05, 9 May 2016 (UTC) has been blocked for making a change very similar to the above IP, which has been hidden from view. We could need to globally block the IP from account creation if this persists.
adding pictures and media to my classes wiki page and having them access it from home?[change source]
adding pictures and media to my classes wiki page and having them access it from home?
- I don't understand what you want help with. Can you explain more? --Auntof6 (talk) 07:11, 4 May 2016 (UTC)
Attn fellow admins: please direct your attention to the RfDs that were due to close a couple of weeks ago[change source]
Come one, come all, to the RfD-closing ball! Now you, too, can have the fun of closing RfDs. There are two antique RfDs awaiting you! Act now, while you have your choice of "Countermand Amendment" or "Unused user language categories and templates" -- or why not live on the edge and close both! There are so many closure options: delete, keep, no consensus to delete, or make up your own -- there's a world of possibilities! Act now before someone else robs you of the fun! --Auntof6 (talk) 04:35, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
- I am leaning towards closing Unused user language categories and templates as "no consensus" - but I am leaving it there for others to close instead. Chenzw Talk 05:04, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
Long-term IP abuse[change source]
IP user 66:37:226:66 has been introducing POV or vandalism edits to Sudan (among others) since the beginning of April. The editor has amassed 15 warnings, two quick deletions, and one 31-hour block to date. Since the block (less than two weeks ago), the editor has accumulated ten additional warnings, and continues to introduce bad changes to these articles. (The latter bad changes have gone unwarned, due to a string of eight "final warnings" that have gone unheeded.) I'm not familiar enough with the politics of Sudan/South Sudan to determine if repeatedly inserting the name of the leaders and former leaders of South Sudan into the article on Sudan -- as their leader -- is a political statement, a POV edit, or if it is pure vandalism, but either way, these changes are not supported by reliable sources, and the project disruption needs to be stopped for the long term. Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 04:26, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
In moving Brown Bear to Brown bear a mistake was made, and I seem to have lost the content! I'm astonished, and can only hope someone knows how to retrieve it! Macdonald-ross (talk) 14:37, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
- Oh, well, I recreated some content... Macdonald-ross (talk) 15:39, 10 May 2016 (UTC)