This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
notice box[change source]
Would it be possible to make it so that whenever there are quick deletions requests (or vandalism reports, but that one might not be possible) left pending, all admins get a red notice at the top of the page? i notice these things can sometimes go pending for as long as several days while several admins come online. Laptop Fizz (talk) 02:24, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- Don't know about that, but I watch the two relevant categories so that those things show up in my watchlist. Aside from that, you're not going to get immediate action on most things all the time. --Auntof6 (talk) 02:29, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Auntof6: really? because as of this writing there are four pending quick deletion requests. and yeah i understand that a website full of volunteers doesn't have a 24/7 support team i just find it frustrating that there are admins online while these things get ignored, which makes me feel like they don't even see it since the admins are supposed to 1) have the permission to take care of them and 2) supposed to be the most dedicated and caring members of the wiki.
- sorry if you feel like i'm being mean just saying my thoughts Laptop Fizz (talk) 02:41, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, really. Four QD requests is not a lot, and the admins don't check for those things every second they're online. I know I check for that stuff when I come online, take care of the things I can, then go on with my own work. And I think you're putting the admins too much on a pedestal to call them the most dedicated and caring -- we're just people doing our best, which might not always meet the expectations of the community. --Auntof6 (talk) 03:50, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- I would point out there are often reasons they are sitting for awhile, for example an admin might not feel that an article should be quick deleted, but don't want to deny it either, or there is some matter about the article that is being looked into before deletion. Or admin are simply giving an editor a chance to make the page better before deleting. Things aren't necessarily meant to be done immediately. -DJSasso (talk) 17:01, 6 August 2019 (UTC)
possible action?[change source]
i have noticed a trend of vandalism where year articles (like 2000) get vandalised by "(X year) like a (Y year)" being added into random parts. This seems to happen over several different weeks, and articles, by different IP addresses. could an admin possibly look into taking longterm action? Computer Fizz (talk) 05:50, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
Unable to publish changes to my sandbox[change source]
I've created an account page (KevRobbSIMPLE) and a sandbox in the Simple English Wikipedia, however when I actually go to publish my changes (to partially save them and to complete later) I seem to get stuck in an endless Captcha loop. It says something about new external links, but all I have are links for References, not a link in the text itself. The Page Preview looks fine with no error messages but the trouble starts when I try to publish.
Any advice or ideas?
Kevin Robb (KevRobbSIMPLE) firstname.lastname@example.org
- (talk page stalker) @KevRobbSIMPLE: hey, i saw you were able to get your sandbox setup. that thing with the captcha sounds like a bug and might want to report that to WMF. either way, once your account is 4 days old and has made 10 edits you will be immune to the captcha. also, when signing your posts, instead of the weird way like you did with your real name and email, you can simply four tildes like this:
~~~~, and the software will automatically fill it in with your name.
- do not hesistate to post here or on my talk page with anymore questions, i'm not an admin i just like being helpful and friendly especially to newer editors :) Computer Fizz (talk) 07:23, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
- Template:Election box open primary begin no change
- Template:Election box gain with party link no change
- Template:Election box open primary general election no change
Requesting deletion of User:Receptie123/common.js[change source]
Requesting G7 deletion of this page that was from my old username. Requesting here since I obviously can't edit it due to technically being "another user's" JS page. Thanks! Reception123 (talk) 13:41, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Requesting admin intervention/protection on Numberblocks[change source]
In case this is checked before Simple talk, see Wikipedia:Simple talk#Numberblocks editing situation for more details. Requesting a semi-protection of that page to avoid the continuous edit warring that has been occurring for a very long time. Reception123 (talk) 14:31, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
twinkle revert through contributions page[change source]
i recently tried to revert an edit by the GRP guy, from his contributions page, and it sent me here, which obviously gave me user not registered error. reverting on *diffs* works fine, but not contribution pages. anyone can fix this? Laptop Fizz (talk) 22:34, 21 August 2019 (UTC)