This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism.
- Use Requests for rollback to ask for rollback tool.
"I hope Bsadowski1 gets hit by a semi truck"[change source]
- Oh wait, they're already blocked. please QD their talk page as it is vandalism. Computer Fizz (talk) 02:52, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Computer Fizz: The page itself was not vandalism, even if the user name was bad. I deleted it as created by an indeffed user. For future reference, this is not the place to request qds. --Auntof6 (talk) 02:59, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
Semi-protection requested[change source]
Please semi-protect the article paintball for a brief period of time. Two IPs and a new (non-auto-confirmed) editor have been arguing about which spam links to add to the article. Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 13:31, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
More semi-protection requested[change source]
One or more IP's have been changing signed comments at User talk:Eddybrad. While it is possible that it is simply the (mostly inactive) user making changes while logged out -- indeed, the style of the edits looks similar -- it is not clear that this is the case. The user is auto-confirmed, so semi-protection of the talk page will not unduly impact the user, while providing protection against changes made to signed comments by one or more anonymous IP users. Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 14:02, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
Accuracy of content dealing with 38th and 39th parliaments in the Ontario Legislature[change source]
Just read your info on this and the references to the official opposition leader in both the 38th and 39th parliaments are incorrect. I was the opposition leader for a good chunk of the 38th and around 2 years for the 39th. You have listed John Tory in that role. For much of the 38th John Tory was not a member of the legislature and for the 39th he was NEVER a member and hence, COULD not be leader of the opposition. That was my job and hopefully you will consider correcting those references. Thank you.