|Canada at the|
|NOC||Canadian Olympic Committee|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
History[change | change source]
A Canadian team was not at the 1896 Summer Olympics and the boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics. Canada has won at least one medal at every Olympics. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is the National Olympic Committee for Canada.
Hosting the Games[change | change source]
Canada has hosted the Games three times.
|1976 Summer Olympics||Montreal||July 17 – August 1||92||6028||198|
|1988 Winter Olympics||Calgary||February 13–28||57||1423||46|
|2010 Winter Olympics||Vancouver||February 12–28||83||2629||86|
Medals[change | change source]
Hockey[change | change source]
Hockey has been Canada's best medal earning sport, along with curling. They have competed at every tournament in both sports.
M = Men's W= Women's B = Both
|Year||Players||Events||Medals||Gender that won|
Records[change | change source]
In 2008, Equestrian show jumper Ian Millar was at his ninth Summer Olympics, tying the record for most Olympic games participated in set by Austrian sailor Hubert Raudaschl between 1964 and 1996. Millar was selected for ten straight Olympic teams, but was not at the 1980 Summer Olympics. In 2008 Millar won his first medal, a silver medal in the team jumping event.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Official abbreviations" at The Games of the XVIII Olympiad, Tokyo, 1964, [p. 9 of 409 PDF]; retrieved 2012-8-16.
- Martin Cleary (2008-08-08). "'The Olympics is not a young horse game'". Ottawa Citizen. Archived from the original on 2012-11-06. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- Doug Smith (2008-08-18). "'Canada wins silver in team show jumping'". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on 2011-01-13. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Canada at the Olympic Games at Wikimedia Commons
- Canada profile at London2012.com Archived 2012-08-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Canadian Medals by Olympic Games Archived 2012-10-16 at the Wayback Machine
- CBC Digital Archives - Gold Medal Athletes - 1948-1968
- CBC Digital Archives - Cold Gold: Canada's Winter Winners 1984–2002
- Most Canadian Olympic Medals Archived 2012-10-16 at the Wayback Machine