|Directed by||Kevin Lima|
|Narrated by||Julie Andrews|
|Music by||Alan Menken|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
|Release date(s)||October 20, 2007(London Film Festival)
November 21, 2007 (United States)
|Running time||107 minutes|
Enchanted is a 2007 American fantasy romantic comedy musical movie. It was produced and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures in association with Barry Sonnenfeld and Josephson Entertainment. The story is about Giselle, a typical Disney Princess, who is forced from her traditional animated world into the live-action world of New York City.
The movie was first shown on October 20, 2007, at the London Film Festival. It released on November 21, 2007 in the United States. Enchanted was well-received critically. It won the 2007 Saturn Award for Best Fantasy Motion Picture, received two nominations at the 65th Golden Globe Awards and three nominations at the 80th Academy Awards. The movie earned more than $340 million worldwide at the box office.
Cast[change | change source]
- Amy Adams as Giselle
- Patrick Dempsey as Robert
- James Marsden as Prince Edward
- Timothy Spall as Nathaniel
- Keith Beraingham as King Mart, Giselle's father
- Idina Menzel as Nancy Tremaine, Robert's fiancee
- Rachel Covey as Morgan. Morgan is Robert's six-year-old daughter.
- Susan Sarandon as Queen Narissa.
- Jeff Bennett and Kevin Lima as Pip
- Jon McLaughlin as Himself, singing "So Close" at the ball while Robert and Giselle dance together as do Edward and Nancy
- Fred Tatasciore as the Troll
- Several actresses who have played characters in Disney movies have cameos:
- Paige O'Hara as Angela, a soap opera character. O'Hara was the speaking and singing voice of Belle in Beauty and the Beast.
- Jodi Benson as Sam, Robert's secretary. Benson was the speaking and singing voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid. She also voiced the Barbie dolls in Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3.
- Judy Kuhn as Pregnant Woman with Kids. Kuhn was the singing voice of the title character in Pocahontas and its sequel.
Video game[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Perman, Stacy (5 July 2007). "A Movie Studio Grows in Brooklyn". BusinessWeek (McGraw-Hill). http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/content/jul2007/sb2007075_855928.htm. Retrieved 12 January 2008.
- "Enchanted". Box Office Mojo. 26 October 2008. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=enchanted.htm. Retrieved 20 December 2008. Invalid
<ref>tag; name "BOMojo" defined multiple times with different content
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Enchanted (film)|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Enchanted|