Frank Kendall III
|26th United States Secretary of the Air Force|
|Assumed office |
July 28, 2021
|Preceded by||Barbara Barrett|
|Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics|
October 6, 2011 – January 20, 2017
|Preceded by||Ash Carter|
|Succeeded by||Jimmy MacStravic (Acting)|
|Born||January 26, 1949|
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Education||United States Military Academy (BS)|
California Institute of Technology (MS)
Long Island University (MBA)
Georgetown University (JD)
Frank Kendall III (born January 26, 1949) is an American engineer, lawyer, and executive. He is the 26th United States Secretary of the Air Force since 2021. From 2012 to 2017 he served as the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics in the Barack Obama administration.
References[change | change source]
- S. HRG. 112–745 (112th Congress, 2012).
- "Senator Lifts Holds on Most Nominees". New York Times. 9 February 2010. Archived from the original on 16 October 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts". whitehouse.gov. 2009-07-30. Retrieved 2009-08-03 – via National Archives.
- Gould, Valerie Insinna, Joe (2021-04-27). "Biden to nominate Frank Kendall as Air Force secretary". Defense News. Retrieved 2021-04-27.
- "Senate Confirms Frank Kendall to Lead Air Force". Military.com. 26 July 2021. Retrieved July 26, 2021.