Nation of Islam
The Nation of Islam is , is an black American Muslim group founded 1930 and known for its teachings combining elements of traditional Islam with black nationalist ideas. The Nation also promotes racial unity and self-help and maintains a strict code of discipline among members. .The main goal of the Nation of Islam is to bring back the spiritual, mental, social and economic condition of blacks in the United States. Since 1978, the group has been led by Louis Farrakhan. Malcolm X also was a member.
Main belief[change | change source]
The main belief of The Nation of Islam is that there is no God but Allah. They say that "Allah" “came in the person of W. D. Fard", who founded the Nation of Islam. Their type of Islam is different from Sunni Muslims and Shia Muslims. Their teachings under Islamic standards do not allow making any person divine, or treating God as human.
The flag[change | change source]
What the Nation of Islam want[change | change source]
- Equal opportunities for jobs
- To be allowed to create a separate nation of their own which is good for agriculture and minerally rich
- Equal education
- Separate schools for boys (up until age 16) and girls (up until age 18) as well as women’s colleges and universities
- All black children should be taught by black teachers
- Free school equipment
- Intermarriage or race mixing should not be allowed
What the Nation of Islam believe[change | change source]
- They believe in the One God. This God has the name Allah
- They believe in the Holy Qur'an and in the scriptures of all the prophets of God
- They believe in the truth of the Bible, but they believe that it must be reinterpreted
- They believe this is the time in history for the separation of the "Negroes" and the "white Americans"
- They believe that they should have their own names. These names should not be the names they were given by their former slave masters
- They believe that God (Allah) appeared in the person of Master W. Fard Muhammad in 1930. They believe that he is the Christian "Messiah" and the Muslim's "Mahdi".
- They believe that all people are equal.
- They see and accept the American people as independent. They respect their laws.
Source[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Nation of Islam|