This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
If an article is being discussed for deletion, then the tag on the article has to be truthful.[change source]
At this time, at , a page (that is up for deletion) says that:
"A discussion page has not been created yet! Because of this, the page won't get deleted as no one knows it is up for deletion. Click here to create a discussion page!". In a indirect way, I have found that there is now an ongoing deletion discussion.
I am removing the deletion tag: One can not have an ongoing deletion discussion, while the article to be deleted says that the deletion discussions, has not been started.
Please keep an eye out on the complex that is being discussed. (Good faith aside, one can not rule out that "wikipedia:don't try to make a point" and "don't disturb wikipedia", are being violated by my opponent in the discussions.)
Of course, I expect that someone will put a corrected deletion tag, in place. That's fine. Sju hav (talk) 15:34, 6 August 2017 (UTC)
- The discussion page does and did exist, at Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2017/Category:Lists of scientists by nationality. Sometimes there's a cache issue that prevents the RfD notice from showing the correct message. Purging the cache of the page with the notice fixes that problem. Even if your cache doesn't show the link correctly, the discussion is there. Now that you have the link, you can see the page and go there to give your opinion if you want. If this kind of thing happens again, please don't remove an RfD tag yourself. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 15:53, 6 August 2017 (UTC)
Block review Purplebackpack89[change source]
To closing admin at ongoing deletion discussion: Vandalism[change source]
- All is well for now: Moments ago, a wikipedian reverted the vandalism. Sju hav (talk) 17:20, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- (change conflict) Yes, that was me. There is no way to control what part of a page can be edited, so this kind of thing would be handled by the usual revert process. I have added the page to my watchlist so that I will see any edits to the page. You might want to do the same.
- I see that the same IP editor has also vandalized a page in your userspace. If you want, that page can be semi-protected so that IP editors cannot change it. That can be done with any page in your userspace except your talk page. If you would like that done, just leave a note here saying which pages you would like protected. --Auntof6 (talk) 17:26, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
RFD 5 days past closure[change source]
Could an uninvolved admin take a look at Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2017/Category:Lists of scientists by nationality and assess whether consensus can be determined now or if it should be extended? It was due to close 5 days ago on the 12th. Pinging @Peterdownunder, Caliburn, Chenzw, Enfcer, Djsasso: you're the admins who have closed RFDs in the last month or so who aren't involved in this RFD. Thanks, Only (talk) 13:41, 17 August 2017 (UTC)
- I don't see any clear consensus, and discussion looks to be still active, with little sign of slowing down, so I'm extending by 5 days, from now, if everyone's okay with that. :) Regards, --George (Talk · Contribs · CentralAuth · Log) 13:59, 17 August 2017 (UTC)
Vandalism from Postemobile S.p.A. static IPs[change source]
This is becoming all too common where an IP hopper has been attacking our website by writing pure nonsense and offensive words, such as "b****", especially on project pages like WP:Simple talk. Please do a search for "Postemobile S.p.A." in the user talk namespace to see all the affected IPs and investigate whether this could be a case of WP:LTA. ««« SOME GADGET GEEK »»» (talk) 20:15, 17 August 2017 (UTC)
Copy of deleted article[change source]
My article about Human geography was deleted today. What would be needed so that I can get a copy of that article on a user page? I am thinkig about working further on the article. Thanks. Sju hav (talk) 18:21, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- I will restore it for you. Stand by. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:41, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- It's now at User:Sju hav/Human geography. When you're ready for it to go back to mainspace, either ask an admin to move it, or move it yourself and ask an admin to delete the cross-namespace redirect that will be created. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:46, 21 August 2017 (UTC)