|A fact from Neptune appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 27 October 2010.|
|A fact from Neptune appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 6 September 2010.|
This article is good for regular English Wikipedia, but for Simple, its too advanced in level. For blue tag, we might want to you easier language, so, everybody can understand.--Freewayguy Call? Fish 19:52, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
PVGA comments by Barras[change source]
- Fix all references and use cite web...
- Use cite web as well for other websites
- Neptune has four rings which are had to see from the Earth. - This sentence sounds very odd.
- and is a little bit heavier than Uranus. Define "a little bit".
- The astronomical symbol for the planet is Astronomical symbol for Neptune. - I would remove this sentence. I don't really like symbols in sentences.
- Neptune's atmosphere (a layer of gas floating above planets) is mostly made up of hydrogen and helium (two types of gases), with small amounts of methane which is makes the planet blue. - Too long and the end of the sentence sounds odd.
2021 - Proposed Good Article[change source]
This article, Neptune, is being considered for promotion to Good Article. Please join the discussion at the Proposed Good Articles discussion board. PDLTalk to me!OMG, What have I done? 22:03, 9 June 2021 (UTC)
PGA comments[change source]
It shows that a lot of attention to detail has been given to the article, and generally it is in a good state:
- Readability: You should generally prefer active tense, if you have everything that is required; for most learners it will be easier to understand
- The slowly rising temperature (in mass an composition) probably needs a source.
- The great dark spot (or smaller different-colored spots): Would they deserve their own section?
- It was the last planet to have been visited by a spacecraft." -> rephrase, what are those rovers doing on Mars?- Btw.I have rewritten that, and taken out the at least one..
- In Moons: what does having the shape of a sphere have to do with size? - there are also small spheres.- If kept,probably needs an explanation.
- When a Neptunian year is 165 earth-years long, how can it have returned to the spot it was discovered at (in 1846) three times? - at the end of its year, we had 2013?
- When you say Nereid has a most unusual orbit, I guess one or two sentences explaining would probably be nice.