Official portrait, 2021
|71st United States Secretary of State|
|Assumed office |
January 26, 2021
|Preceded by||Mike Pompeo|
|18th United States Deputy Secretary of State|
January 9, 2015 – January 20, 2017
|Preceded by||William Joseph Burns|
|Succeeded by||John Sullivan|
|United States Deputy National Security Advisor|
January 20, 2013 – January 9, 2015
|Preceded by||Denis McDonough|
|Succeeded by||Avril Haines|
|National Security Advisor to the Vice President of the United States|
January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2013
|Vice President||Joe Biden|
|Preceded by||John P. Hannah|
|Succeeded by||Jake Sullivan|
Antony John Blinken
April 16, 1962
New York City, New York, U.S.
Evan Ryan (m. 2002)
Antony John Blinken (born April 16, 1962) is an American politician. Blinken is the 71st and current United States Secretary of State since January 26, 2021. He was the United States Deputy Secretary of State from 2015 to 2017 and Deputy National Security Advisor from 2013 to 2015 under President Barack Obama.
References[change | change source]
- "Antony Blinken steps into the spotlight with Obama administration role". Washington Post. September 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Antony "Tony" Blinken". Jewish Virtual Library. 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Jakes, Lara; Crowley, Michael; Sanger, David E. (22 November 2020). "Biden Chooses Antony Blinken, Defender of Global Alliances, as Secretary of State". The New York Times. Archived from the original on November 23, 2020. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- "Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state". AP NEWS. 2021-01-26. Retrieved 2021-01-26.
- Shaffer, Claire (2020-11-23). "Yes, Biden's Secretary of State Hopeful Antony Blinken Has a Band". Rolling Stone.
- Herszenhorn, David (23 November 2020). "Nine things to think about Antony Blinken".