Phillips County, Kansas
Phillips County Courthouse in Phillipsburg
Location within the U.S. state of Kansas
Kansas's location within the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Named for||William A. Phillips|
|• Total||895 sq mi (2,320 km2)|
|• Land||886 sq mi (2,290 km2)|
|• Water||8.7 sq mi (23 km2) 1.0%%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||6.4/sq mi (2.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
Phillips County (standard abbreviation: PL) is a county in the U.S. state of Kansas. In 2010, 5,642 people lived there. The county seat is Phillipsburg. Phillipsburg is also the biggest city in Phillips County.
History[change | change source]
In 1867, Phillips County was created.
Geography[change | change source]
People[change | change source]
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Government[change | change source]
Presidential elections[change | change source]
Phillips County is very Republican. No Democratic Presidential candidate has won Phillips County since Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932.
Education[change | change source]
Unified school districts[change | change source]
- Thunder Ridge USD 110 (Consolidation of Agra-Eastern Heights and Kensington-West Smith County)
- Agra and small eastern portion of county; extends into western third of Smith County
- Northern Valley USD 212
- Long Island and northwestern corner of county; extends into northeastern Norton County
- Phillipsburg USD 325
- city of Phillipsburg and areas near and along US 183
- Logan USD 326
- southwestern corner of county along and south of K-9; goes into southeastern Norton County
Communities[change | change source]
Cities[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on August 6, 2011. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
More reading[change | change source]
- Standard Atlas of Phillips County, Kansas; Geo. A. Ogle & Co; 78 pages; 1917.
- Plat Book of Phillips County, Kansas; North West Publishing Co; 49 pages; 1900.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phillips County, Kansas.|
- Phillips County - Official Website
- Phillips County - Directory of Public Officials
- Phillips County - Economic Development
- Phillips County Maps: Current, Historic, KDOT
- Kansas Highway Maps: Current, Historic, KDOT
- Kansas Railroad Maps: Current, 1996, 1915, KDOT and Kansas Historical Society