If you think a review of a deletion discussion is needed, please list it here and say why. Users can then comment to reach an agreement on whether the community thinks the discussion was closed correctly, or the decision should be overturned. Each user can say if he or she wants to endorse the closure, or overturn the closure, with a brief comment, and sign with ~~~~.
A page should stay listed here for at least 5 to 7 days. After that time, an administrator will decide if there is a consensus (agreement) about what to do, and take appropriate steps. If the consensus was that the discussion was closed correctly, the discussion should be closed with a note saying this.
- Archived requests are here
Current requests[change source]
- Please list newer requests at the top.
Deletion Review of Template:Request block[change source]
A template called Template:Request block was deleted for (Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2018/Template:Block request) (thank). I want it to be undeleted because I want it to be used for a user to request a block on another user that is being disruptive. Notingnothing111 (talk) 06:42, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Comment - This template was not intended for that use. It would have been used if you wanted your account to be blocked. If you'd like to request a block be placed, you may do so on WP:ANI or, if it's a vandalism problem, at WP:VIP Operator873talkconnect 06:45, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- In case you want a second opinion, I concur with what User:Operator873 said. The template was for a user to request a block on themself. As for requesting a block on another user, using a template for that would require setting up some new infrastructure to manage such requests. Since this is a small wiki, and aimed at keeping things simple, we try to keep processes/infrastructure to a minimum. --Auntof6 (talk) 07:01, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Keep deleted. The template was not intended for what Notingnothing111 wants. Instead, editors can go to Wikipedia:Vandalism in progress where admins will see the requests. I don't think it makes sense for a template to list other editors for blocking when we already have a page for that. -- Ricky81682 (talk) 08:50, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
Deletion Review of Al Edwards II[change source]
I am seeking feedback regarding the request for deletion of following article: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_deletion/Requests/2018/Al_Edwards_II
While researching the protocol/process for requesting feedback and reviews of deleted submissions, I noticed incidences of deleted pages being addressed with the dissenting editors to resolve issues and pages were restored to the Wikipedia site. The initial editor (Eptalon) recommended that the article be deleted as there were concerns regarding the subject's notability which were addressed during the "discussion" period; however, the article was still deleted.
Initially, the subject's national recognition and the regional broadcasts of the subject's notability and significance in his community and beyond had not been effectively communicated in efforts to keep the submission concise. The original submission also did not emphasize that the subject was not formally trained in the field of the notable impact which prompted the regional and national recognition. The original editor's feedback and recommendations for the improvement of the page/article were accurate in improving its presentation. Upon implementing those edits, it was anticipated that there would be an acknowledgement of the corrections and any additional feedback/further edits deemed appropriate would have been communicated.
I believe the observations and the subsequent edits improved the submission and there may have not been a chance to view the original article in comparison to the edited submission prior to deletion. Please advise regarding this matter as well as provide the process/steps to have the page restored.
- I have reviewed the deleted text. While I understand your points on this. This subject does not meet our minimum standards for notability. I am sorry, but I can not undelete this article. Other Admins could review this, and might be willing to, I am just not seeing appropriate criteria. -- Enfcer (talk) 23:17, 27 October 2018 (UTC)
Deletion of Joél Filsaime[change source]
This page I created was deleted by a non-administrator, It was about a well-known rapper in Florida. Could please an administrator undelete this page so I can edit it ? THANKS! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 10:28, 29 August 2018 (UTC)
- It was actually deleted due to a deletion discussion at Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2018/Joél Filsaime. -DJSasso (talk) 10:46, 29 August 2018 (UTC)
- And the user who deleted it is an administrator. Non-admins can't delete articles. --Auntof6 (talk) 14:58, 29 August 2018 (UTC)
Deletion Review of Film director Linh Nga Nguyen.JPG[change source]
I am looking feedback regarding the request for deletion of following picture file: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Film_director_Linh_Nga_Nguyen.JPG
There's a significant sign of vandalism related to the article and the artist, and someone (maybe trying to create multiple wikipedia accounts) to vandalize the article and related information. This picture is currently in used, positively, for the main article.
I am trying my best to keep everything right working on the article and related files. Please advise regarding this matter as well as provide the process to keep the picture as it is now. Thank you very much. Appreciate any help/support. -- (Homealone1990 (talk) 01:38, 29 October 2018 (UTC))
- This page is for reviewing deletions of pages on this wiki. That item is a file, which we don't host here, and it's on Wikimedia Commons, not here. It also hasn't even been deleted, as far as I see. You need to discuss this on the Commons page that you linked. --Auntof6 (talk) 02:00, 29 October 2018 (UTC)