- 1 Archives of old Talk messages
- 2 Nair Article
- 3 User:Wiki tamil 100-Read it fully
- 4 names of two Democrats erased
- 5 Cengage Learning
- 6 QD declined on two articles.
- 7 Your reverts to Chrisangel23's work
- 8 Why do you want to delete my article?
- 9 Trash masquerading as notable people/events...
- 10 Help needed here
- 11 Re:Aboutrika
Archives of old Talk messages[change source]
- /Archive 2010 September to December
- /Archive 2011 January to June
- /Archive 2011 July to August
Nair Article[change source]
May I know why my edit is reverted ? Please tell the reason for revert
I wrote the full article and now I am editing few errors. Why are you reverting, tell me the reason ?
Please read the article before reverting. All are facts, nothing derogatory or false information. Can we discuss this ?
- Because you have put in a huge unsimplified copy and paste. This is Simple English Wikipedia. Your contributions must be simple. They would have been quick deleted. Do this in your user space or in a sandbox. Gotanda (talk) 13:11, 30 July 2017 (UTC)
I am sorry, I didn't know that, correct me if I am wrong. I was correcting the spellings and putting some sentences in meaningful way. Please check. Once again sorry for not following the policy, kindly request not to delete the content.
- Well, now you know. Please read this Help Section before you continue to edit. What you are posting is not helpful here. Gotanda (talk) 13:18, 30 July 2017 (UTC)
Yes, I will not edit this page anymore. Kind request not to remove the full content. Do you want me to make the article smaller. may be I can help you make it a small article by removing few elaboration.
Can I expand it a little, will not include all of what it had.
- You need to read all of this first before you edit that article any more. Gotanda (talk) 13:40, 30 July 2017 (UTC)
I read, I know it should not be more elaborative and should be in simple English, I will follow that if you permit me.
I will give a try, if not worthy you please revert it.
Please let me know how its now. Removed all elaboration and made it simple.
User:Wiki tamil 100-Read it fully[change source]
I just copy the list of the towns of the taluks. Its really hard for anyone to make the list with 80 or 90 names of villages. If I left it without the list, still it is an useless article. Another one is i just copied the format in the first taluk article. In the other intro and demographics, the format is just followed. The first article is the fully copied one. The others were just typed by me and you are making my articles deleted. You have the rights only to delete my first taluk article, the Cuddalore taluk. I want the others to be restored. I have another issue, the intro and content are much simplified and why is these article are deleted. First tell me the reasons to me and delete the articles. First give me time. Just inform before you delete, not as a command but as a request. Understand them. Leave me just copy the list alone and restore the deleted articles. Thank you. Also reply in my talk page for this.--wiki tamil 100 (talk) 05:08, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
names of two Democrats erased[change source]
- I guess I would ask why were they there in the first place? Carter has positions which are significantly to the left of many in the Democratic Party. Look at his record and statements on human rights, Guantanamo, Israel/Palestine etc. Apparently he voted for Sanders. McCaskill is definitely not on the left of the party but given her electorate where she has to run she supports the Democratic Party. I think you can make a case that some of her votes against party are highly calculated (Keystone) and less motivated by ideology. Her Trump Score looks high but for her district not so bad. Unless someone declares themselves to be conservative, there will be some element of judgement in deciding if they are one or not. Gotanda (talk) 05:39, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
Cengage Learning[change source]
- HI, please accept my apologies. I noticed the first change to education-educational and 1) didn't realize that the way it displayed had changed 2) didn't notice your correction of spelling students. Thank you. Gotanda (talk) 21:35, 8 April 2018 (UTC)
- The displayed [[education]]al vs [[education|educational]] ( educational vs educational ) has no visible change, rather it was just an attempt at cleaning up the wiki markup as both render identically, however the first is just a little cleaner, the markup is more simple. Since I was correcting a typo I thought I might as well do other minor cleanup/corrections too. Hopefully that helps. Nunabas (talk) 01:33, 9 April 2018 (UTC)
QD declined on two articles.[change source]
Hello Gotanda, I just wanted to let you know that I declined the quick deletion for two articles you nominated (Association of Gift Boutique Retailers of America and National Independent Hardware Association of America). please nominate them for regular deletion, if you think they should be deleted. Thank you --Eptalon (talk) 08:20, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, thanks for dropping by to let me know. Much appreciated. Gotanda (talk) 01:34, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
Your reverts to Chrisangel23's work[change source]
Hi Gotanda, many thanks for picking up the continued complex edits by Chrisangelo23. Would you mind saying something in the discussion on Wikipedia:Simple talk which is keeping track of his edits, as well as trying to decide what to do with him. Many thanks, DaneGeld (talk) 00:15, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
Why do you want to delete my article?[change source]
- With all due respect, IP user, I think Gotanda has made it abundantly clear that they do not wish to communicate with you over this matter. This is their talk page, and the fact that they have continued to remove your comments is their business. Please do not persist in replacing your remarks. If you have any issues with the request for deletion, I recommend you go to the page where the deletion is being discussed, and take part in the discussion properly (i.e, don't just type FAKE in the text - Talk to people). Regards, DaneGeld (talk) 16:59, 24 April 2018 (UTC) (talk page stalker)
Trash masquerading as notable people/events...[change source]
- Re Nguyễn Văn Sơn, I'm afraid this is destined to go to RfD, though to me the competition "Mr Global, an annual male beauty pageant" seems a worthless event for doubtful people. As about half-dozen of my recent deletes were moved over to RfD, I suppose my rather traditional outlook on the world is not quite in harmony with the younger generation! Macdonald-ross (talk) 08:44, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hi! Thanks for your strong and consistent work. And, thanks for letting me know about this. I do tend to push the QD a bit but I figure that is the quickest and cleanest if an admin signs off on it. If I were an admin, I'd be less aggressive on them for sure. Off to the ever growing RfD queue! -- Gotanda (talk) 08:51, 1 May 2018 (UTC)
Help needed here[change source]
Mr. Gotanda, thanks for the instructions. I have received your email on my talk page. I'v followed your instruction, added
||Someone thinks this article should not be quickly deleted.
Someone thinks this article should not be quickly deleted, and has asked for it to be left on Wikipedia. Please talk about it on this page's talk page.
on the page of James Barre. I have tried to add reliable sources available online. Though i have followed several Wikipedia pages and layout to build Mr. Barre's Wikipedia page. I admit, i'm not fully aware of Wikipedia layout and markups.
I do think that James Barre is notable and covered by the news sources. Will you please help me and remove the warnings from the header?. Also, let me know how can i improve the Wikipedia page. Thanks. Sarah Ratliff (talk) 05:32, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
Hello, I really don't think the language is hard. I did simplify every sentence I took fron en.wiki, and there are a lot of sections there that I ignored because they were hard to simplify. BTW, I'm not a native English speaker, I may have an advanced level, but me not being a native speaker and being able to completely understand what is written, I guess that makes it simple, thanks MohamedTalk 15:01, 11 May 2018 (UTC)