Pope Innocent IX
|Papacy began||29 October 1591|
|Papacy ended||30 December 1591|
|Predecessor||Pope Gregory XIV|
|Successor||Pope Clement VIII|
|Birth name||Giovanni Antonio Facchinetti|
|Born||20 July 1519
|Died||December 30, 1591 (aged 72)
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Pope Innocent IX (Latin: Innocentius Nonus; 20 July 1519 – 30 December 1591), born Giovanni Antonio Facchinetti, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church and the 231st Pope from 29 October 1591 to his death on 30 December of the same year.
Early life [change]
Related pages [change]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-12-1.
- "Pope Innocent IX", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-12-1.
- "Innocent VIII", Encyclopedia Britannica (1910), Vol. 14, pp. 582.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1838). "Innocent VII," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 12, p. 480.
Other websites [change]
- Media related to Innocentius IX at Wikimedia Commons
- "Pope Innocent IX". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.