Pope Urban VIII
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Papacy began||6 August 1623|
|Papacy ended||29 July 1644|
|Predecessor||Pope Gregory XV|
|Successor||Pope Innocent X|
|Birth name||Maffeo Barberini|
|Born||5 April 1568
|Died||29 July 1644
|Other Popes named Urban|
Early life [change]
Cardina Barberini was elected pope on August 6, 1623; and took the name Urban VIII.
Pope Urban was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
Related pages [change]
Other websites [change]
- Media related to Urbanus VIII at Wikimedia Commons
- "Pope Urban VIII". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Urban VIII
- GCatholic, Pope Urban VIII
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Barberini