Pope Celestine V
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Papacy began||5 July 1294|
|Papacy ended||13 December 1294|
|Predecessor||Pope Nicholas IV|
|Successor||Pope Boniface VIII|
|Birth name||Pietro Angelerio|
Isernia, Kingdom of Sicily
|Died||1296 (aged 80–81)
Ferentino, Papal States
|Other Popes named Celestine|
Pope Celestine V(Latin: Coelestinus Quintus; 1215 – 19 May 1296), born Pietro Angelerio di Morrone, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church and the 193rd Pope for less than six months in 1294.
Early life [change]
After his death [change]
Related pages [change]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Pope St. Celestine V," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-3.
- Lizzy Davies. "Pope Benedict XVI resigns," Guardian UK). 11 February 2013; retrieved 2013-2-11.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1836). "Celestine V," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 6, p. 400.
- Beckett, William. (1836). "Celestine V," A Universal Biography, Vol. 1, pp. 720-721.
Other websites [change]
- Media related to Coelestinus V at Wikimedia Commons
- "Pope St. Celestine V". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Celestine V