Pope Innocent III
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Papacy began||8 January 1198|
|Papacy ended||16 July 1216|
|Birth name||Lotario de' Conti di Segni|
|Born||1160 or 1161
Gavignano, Papal States, Holy Roman Empire
|Died||16 July 1216 (aged 54–55)
Perugia, Papal States, Holy Roman Empire
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Cardinal Segni was unanimously elected pope on January 8, 1198; and he took the name of Innocent III.
Pope Innocent was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Agnani", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-6.
- "Pope Innocent III", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-10-31.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1838). "Innocent III," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 12, pp. 479-480.
- "Innocent III", Encyclopedia Britannica (1910), Vol. 14, pp. 578-579.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1833). "Papal State," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 18, p. 198.
- Pope Innocent III", Crusades Encyclopedia (2005); retrieved 2011-11-6.
- Media related to Innocentius III at Wikimedia Commons
- "Pope Innocent III". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
Pope Celestine III
Pope Honorius III