|20th Surgeon General of the United States|
September 5, 2017 – January 20, 2021
|Preceded by||Vivek Murthy|
|Succeeded by||Vivek Murthy (nominee)|
|Health Commissioner of Indiana|
October 22, 2014 – September 5, 2017
|Preceded by||William VanNess|
|Succeeded by||Kristina Box|
|Born||September 22, 1974|
Orange, New Jersey, U.S.
|Education||University of Maryland, Baltimore County (BA, BS)|
Indiana University, Indianapolis (MD)
University of California, Berkeley (MPH)
|Branch/service||PHS Commissioned Corps|
|Years of service||2017–present|
Before assuming his current role, he served as the Indiana State Health Commissioner from 2014 to 2017. On June 29, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Adams to become Surgeon General of the United States. Adams was confirmed by the United States Senate on August 3, 2017.
References[change | change source]
- "Pence names Adams Indiana's health commissioner". Retrieved March 25, 2018.
- "Indiana Names OB-GYN To Fill Vacated Health Commissioner Seat". Wfyi.org. September 18, 2017. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "Nominee Report | U.S. Office of Government Ethics" (PDF). altgov2.org. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- "Jerome Adams nominated as new U.S. surgeon general". STAT. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "President Trump nominates Indiana Health Commissioner Jerome Adams for U.S. Surgeon General". Fox 59. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Scutti, Susan (August 4, 2017). "Dr. Jerome Adams confirmed as surgeon general". CNN. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]