Jump to navigation Jump to search
|United States Secretary of the Navy|
|Succeeding||Thomas Modly (acting)|
|United States Ambassador to Norway|
|Assumed office |
February 8, 2018
|Preceded by||Samuel D. Heins|
Kenneth John Braithwaite II
1960 (age 59–60)
Livonia, Michigan, U.S.
|Education||United States Naval Academy (BS)|
University of Pennsylvania (MPA)
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1984–1993 (active)|
President Donald Trump said on November 24, 2019, that he would nominate Braithwaite to serve as the United States Secretary of the Navy. He is a retired rear admiral of the United States Navy Reserve.
References[change | change source]
- "PN657 — Civilian". U.S. Congress. 9 February 1984. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Donald J. Trump, Verified account, @realDonaldTrump". Twitter. 24 November 2019.
...Ambassador to Norway Ken Braithwaite will be nominated by me to be the new Secretary of the Navy.
- Carey, Kathleen E. (24 October 2017). "Ex-Ridley Park pol picked as ambassador to Norway". The Delaware County Daily Times. Archived from the original on August 27, 2019. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Kenneth Braithwaite (US department of state)
- Biography at U.S. Embassy in Norway
- Biography U.S. Navy