|77th United States Secretary of the Navy|
May 29, 2020 – January 20, 2021
|Deputy||Gregory J. Slavonic (acting)|
|Preceded by||Richard V. Spencer|
|Succeeded by||Carlos Del Toro|
|31st United States Ambassador to Norway|
February 8, 2018 – May 29, 2020
|Preceded by||Samuel D. Heins|
|Succeeded by||Marc Nathanson|
Kenneth John Braithwaite II
1960 (age 62–63)
Livonia, Michigan, U.S.
|Education||United States Naval Academy (BS)|
University of Pennsylvania (MPA)
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1984–1993 (active)|
|Rank||Rear Admiral (lower half)|
Kenneth John Braithwaite II (born 1960) is an American politician, businessman and military personnel. He was the 77th United States Secretary of the Navy from May 2020 to January 2021. He was the United States Ambassador to Norway from February 8, 2018 to May 29, 2020.
References[change | change source]
- "PN657 — Civilian". U.S. Congress. 9 February 1984. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Donald J. Trump, Verified account, @realDonaldTrump". Twitter. 24 November 2019.
...Ambassador to Norway Ken Braithwaite will be nominated by me to be the new Secretary of the Navy.
- "Kenneth Braithwaite Sworn in as Secretary of the Navy". USNI News. 29 May 2020.
- Carey, Kathleen E. (24 October 2017). "Ex-Ridley Park pol picked as ambassador to Norway". The Delaware County Daily Times. Archived from the original on August 27, 2019. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- Seligman, Lara; Otterbein, Holly; O'Brien, Connor. "Trump Navy secretary considering Pennsylvania Senate run". POLITICO.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Kenneth Braithwaite (US department of state)
- Biography Archived 2020-01-02 at the Wayback Machine at U.S. Embassy in Norway
- Biography Archived 2019-11-26 at the Wayback Machine U.S. Navy