|77th United States Secretary of the Navy|
|Assumed office |
May 29, 2020
|Deputy||Gregory J. Slavonic (acting)|
|Preceded by||Richard V. Spencer|
|31st United States Ambassador to Norway|
February 8, 2018 – May 29, 2020
|Preceded by||Samuel D. Heins|
|Succeeded by||Richard Riley (acting)|
Kenneth John Braithwaite II
1960 (age 59–60)
Livonia, Michigan, U.S.
|Education||United States Naval Academy (BS)|
University of Pennsylvania (MPA)
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1984–1993 (active)|
|Rank||Rear Admiral (lower half)|
Kenneth John Braithwaite II (born 1960) is an American politician, businessman and military personnel. He is the 77th and current United States Secretary of the Navy since May 2020. He was the United States Ambassador to Norway from February 8, 2018 to May 29, 2020.
References[change | change source]
- "PN657 — Civilian". U.S. Congress. 9 February 1984. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Donald J. Trump, Verified account, @realDonaldTrump". Twitter. 24 November 2019.
...Ambassador to Norway Ken Braithwaite will be nominated by me to be the new Secretary of the Navy.
- "Kenneth Braithwaite Sworn in as Secretary of the Navy". USNI News.
- Carey, Kathleen E. (24 October 2017). "Ex-Ridley Park pol picked as ambassador to Norway". The Delaware County Daily Times. Archived from the original on August 27, 2019. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Kenneth Braithwaite (US department of state)
- Biography at U.S. Embassy in Norway
- Biography U.S. Navy