|77th United States Secretary of the Treasury|
Assumed office |
February 13, 2017
|Preceded by||Jack Lew|
Steven Terner Mnuchin|
December 21, 1962
New York City, New York, U.S.
Louise Linton (m. 2017)
Heather deForest Crosby|
|Education||Yale University (BA)|
Steven Terner Mnuchin (born December 21, 1962) is an American banker, movie producer and political fundraiser. He is the 77th and current United States Secretary of the Treasury, under the Trump Administration since February 13, 2017.
Early life[change | change source]
Career[change | change source]
Mnuchin had a fortune estimated at over $40 million while working for Goldman Sachs. In 2002, Mnuchin left Goldman and worked briefly for his Yale roommate Edward Lampert, chief executive of Sears. He also briefly worked for Soros Fund Management.
Political activity[change | change source]
Donald Trump 2016 presidential campaign[change | change source]
United States Secretary of the Treasury (since 2017)[change | change source]
Personal life[change | change source]
In 1999, he married Heather deForest Crosby, who was his second wife, and they had three children together. They divorced in 2014. He married actress Louise Linton in 2017. They lived in Los Angeles, California and currently lives in Washington, D.C..
References[change | change source]
- "WEDDINGS; Heather Crosby, Steven Mnuchin". The New York Times. September 26, 1999. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Trump Names Jewish Financier, Fixer to Major Campaign Positions Nathan Guttman, Jewish Dail Forward, May 2016
- Sorkin, Andrew Ross (May 10, 2016). "Unlikely Fund-Raiser for Trump and Party (hardcopy)". The New York Times. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Former US banker Steve Mnuchin confirms he will be US treasury secretary". BBC News. November 30, 2016. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- "Steven Mnuchin Businessweek Profile - Bloomberg Politics". Bloomberg.com. 2016-08-31. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- "Film financier and Wall Street executive Steven Mnuchin a leading candidate for Treasury secretary". Los Angeles Times. 2015-02-02. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
Other websites[change | change source]