|30th United States Ambassador to the United Nations|
September 12, 2019 – January 20, 2021
|Preceded by||Nikki Haley|
|Succeeded by||Linda Thomas-Greenfield|
|United States Ambassador to Canada|
October 23, 2017 – August 23, 2019
|Preceded by||Bruce Heyman|
|Succeeded by||Aldona Wos (Nominee)|
Kelly Dawn Guilfoil
February 24, 1962
Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||David Moross (div.)|
Judson Knight (div.)
Joe Craft (m. 2016)
|Education||University of Kentucky (BA)|
Kelly Dawn Knight Craft (née Guilfoil; born February 24, 1962) is an American diplomat. She was the 30th United States Ambassador to the United Nations from September 2019 to January 2021. Before, she was the United States ambassador to Canada, the first woman to hold the post.
In 2007, she was appointed by President George W. Bush as the U.S. delegate to the United Nations, where her focus included U.S. engagement in Africa. Knight-Craft was a delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention from Kentucky. She is a member of the University of Kentucky's board of directors. She heads Kelly G. Knight LLC, a business advisory firm based in Lexington, Kentucky.
After two divorces, she is now married to a coal entrepreneur. During her first week as Ambassador to Canada she suggested that man-made climate change was just one possible theory.
References[change | change source]
- Straehley, Steve; Wallechinsky, David (August 14, 2017). "United States Ambassador to Canada: Who Is Kelly Knight Craft?". AllGov. Retrieved October 19, 2017.
- "Kelly Craft sworn in as U.S. Ambassador to Canada". WKYT. August 18, 2017. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- White House Office of the Press Secretary (June 15, 2017). "Ten Nominations Sent to the Senate Today". Press release. Archived from the original on June 15, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170615233806/https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/06/15/ten-nominations-sent-senate-today. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- "PN603 – Kelly Knight Craft – Department of State". U.S. Congress. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- "Trump nominates Kelly Knight Craft as the next ambassador to Canada". BBC. June 15, 2017. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- ELLIS, RONNIE. "Bush nominates Knight for UN". Glasgow Daily Times. Archived from the original on 2017-03-18. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- Latek, Tom (June 14, 2017). "Kelly Knight Craft is Trump's pick to serve as US Ambassador to Canada". Kentucky Today. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Trump, Donald J. [@realdonaldtrump] (2019-02-22). "I am pleased to announce that Kelly Knight Craft..." (Tweet). Retrieved 2019-02-22 – via Twitter.
- On the Nomination (Confirmation: Kelly Craft, of Kentucky, to be Ambassador of the United States of America to the United Nations and Representative to the Security Council), United States Senate, July 31, 2019
- "New U.S. ambassador to Canada Kelly Craft says she believes 'both sides' of climate science". www.cbc.ca.