|2nd Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau|
|Assumed office |
December 11, 2018
|Deputy||Brian Johnson (Acting)|
|Preceded by||Richard Cordray|
|Born||December 28, 1974|
Chagrin Falls, Ohio, U.S.
|Education||Marquette University (BS)|
Georgetown University (JD)
Kathleen L. Kraninger (born December 28, 1974) is an American government official. She is the 2nd and current Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since December 2018. Before she worked in the White House Office of Management and Budget. She was nominated by President Donald Trump to become the Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Kraninger was confirmed, however, 50-49. 
References[change | change source]
- OMB Personnel, US Government Manual, accessed 06/16/2018
- Perlman, Derek Kravitz,Al Shaw,Claire. "Kathleen Kraninger | Trump Town". ProPublica. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- Kathleen L. Kraninger (interview), C-SPAN
- Clozel, Lalita. "Kathy Kraninger to Be Nominated to Head Consumer Financial Protection Bureau". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 19, 2018.
- "US Senate Roll Call Votes 115th Congress - 2nd Session". United States Government Publishing Office. Retrieved December 6, 2018.