Pope John XIX
|Papacy began||May 1024|
|Papacy ended||October 1032|
|Predecessor||Pope Benedict VIII|
|Successor||Pope Benedict IX|
|Other Popes named John|
Early life[change | change source]
Pope[change | change source]
After his election, Pope John became a priest and a bishop.
His successor was his nephew, who became known as Benedict IX.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-3.
- The Tusculum family are also known as the Tuscolani
- Pope John XIX," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-3.
- John XIX," Encyclopedia Britannica (1910); "...there is an error in the reckoning through the insertion of an antipope before John XV or some time after John XIX; retrieved 2011-11-3.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1833). "John XIX," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 18, p. 129; excerpt, "The history of the popes during this period is very obscure, and the chronology confused."
- Stemmi Papali, Giovanni XIX (Italian); retrieved 2011-11-3
Other websites[change | change source]